Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 09:44 AM

DIY Dummies

Has anyone seen this docu - it is hilarious
I laugh from start to finish - those poor wives, what they have to put up with, but - the hubbies love their DIY and as one wife said, I wish he would go to DIY classes
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 09:58 AM

Re: DIY Dummies

Whats wrong with the girls doing it, why do you all expect the men to be experts at all things. We have a lot on our plates inventing all the great stuff that makes your lives so easy. When we get home all we ask is our dinner slippers and a nice glass of vino ready, not more graft.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Has anyone seen this docu - it is hilarious
I laugh from start to finish - those poor wives, what they have to put up with, but - the hubbies love their DIY and as one wife said, I wish he would go to DIY classes
When's it on Patsy?

Never saw it advertised but it may clash with something we watch. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:08 AM

Its on Mondays 8pm on channel 5 - not next week tho due to holiday Monday ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Whats wrong with the girls doing it, why do you all expect the men to be experts at all things. We have a lot on our plates inventing all the great stuff that makes your lives so easy. When we get home all we ask is our dinner slippers and a nice glass of vino ready, not more graft.
There was 2 ladies featured one doing flat packs
The other wallpaper - absolute disaster - and laminate flooring, she put carpet underlay beneath so the flooring was lifting and spongy She couldn't shut her door either
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
There was 2 ladies featured one doing flat packs
The other wallpaper - absolute disaster - and laminate flooring, she put carpet underlay beneath so the flooring was lifting and spongy She couldn't shut her door either
Flat packs, more like solving the secrets of the universe than DIY. Why is it you always end up short of bits, or a handful of bits. ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2014, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Flat packs, more like solving the secrets of the universe than DIY. Why is it you always end up short of bits, or a handful of bits. ?
It could be that 'women' pack the bits ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 02:25 PM

I'll keep an eye out for that Patsy, we get channel 5 on the dish.
I'm always willing to have a go at DIY, trouble is Phyllis won't let me so I stick to doing my own thing in the shed, the only thing I say to her when she gets a chap in to do things is "When it goes wrong my dear don't ask me to fix it, get your mr wonderful back to do it", I am a dab hand at the flatpack stuff though and I quite enjoy it, the bits I always have left over I just tell her they are 'Spares' and all legs on flatpack tables have to be slightly tilted, it's the new EU law.
Wasn't there an old law in early Victorian times that certain table legs had to be covered for modesty? I think I read something about that, imagine getting all hot and bothered looking at table legs, God you'd want to be desperate.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Lol @ Jem's post!! I do all the DIY stuff in our house, safer that way....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'll keep an eye out for that Patsy, we get channel 5 on the dish.
I'm always willing to have a go at DIY, trouble is Phyllis won't let me so I stick to doing my own thing in the shed, the only thing I say to her when she gets a chap in to do things is "When it goes wrong my dear don't ask me to fix it, get your mr wonderful back to do it", I am a dab hand at the flatpack stuff though and I quite enjoy it, the bits I always have left over I just tell her they are 'Spares' and all legs on flatpack tables have to be slightly tilted, it's the new EU law.
Wasn't there an old law in early Victorian times that certain table legs had to be covered for modesty? I think I read something about that, imagine getting all hot and bothered looking at table legs, God you'd want to be desperate.
Fab post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top