Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 06:03 PM

Re: Sappiest TV show?

No - quite right .....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Losos, I think what AC means by sappy is what we would call soppy. Sentimental, feel-good stuff.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:04 PM

perhaps Admin could train someone as a forum translator
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Losos, I think what AC means by sappy is what we would call soppy. Sentimental, feel-good stuff.
Thank you Eccles, I had been trying to think what it might mean, and I did wonder if it meant 'sarcastic' but from her threads I don't think that is what AC is, or what she would like, so I was stumped, but sentimental, feel-good stuff is much more how I imagine her.

And just for the record I love 'sappy' stuff, books, films,TV or even radio.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Thank you Eccles, haven't been on here most of the day, yes you're right.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:31 AM

Yes I love feel good shows. We only watch 1/2 hour at supper then 1/2 hr before bed. We are only into our DVDs of old shows like I Dream of Jeannie, Andy Griffith, Leave It To Beaver, Gomer Pyle, Munsters, etc. We hate gore, loud blow up explosion shows, sitcoms with tons of glibness or foul language, you know what I mean.

We like old B type movies, real schlocky stuff, ha ha.

We want to escape in some good idealistic time with humour. If we wanted crap, we'd talk to most people in real life, lol.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
We hate gore, loud blow up explosion shows, sitcoms with tons of glibness or foul language, you know what I mean.We like old B type movies, real schlocky stuff, ha ha.
Nothing wrong with many of the 'B' movies, they were the 'proving ground' for many actors and actresses who subsequently went on to bigger things. I enjoy spotting them in minor 'B' movie roles and try to see if their talent can be seen with the benefit of hindsight.

Likewise todays 'sitcoms' with all the glib dialogue and constant crude jokes and foul language are so depressing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Some of the adaptations of books like Black Beauty, and Little Women, Heidi, etc take the medal for sappiest/soppiest I think. The books were far from soppy but putting them on screen really took something out of them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:43 PM

I like all stories that have a happy ending, whether it be TV, Film, or in book form, it's all about escaping from your world for a while. Some of them do go over the top with sentiment though, they splash in on like old spice on a randy youngfella going to a dance. I can only take so much sentiment in any story before I start to get irritated and then bored, If I'm watching something like this with the wife I usually make my excuses and slip out the back way, up to where I can get back to real life again, away from the bucket of tears in the living room.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:47 PM

Yep - you can have too much of a good thing Jem - overkill really - its got to be just right .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top