Join for free
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Maleficent

I am very much surprised to find myself saying this film is fabulous, since I didn't expect much out of it. I expected a generic fantasy film, but Angelina Jolie plays Maleficent to perfection - her character's motivations are complex and at times very moving.

The film is also a clever metaphor for the brutality shown to many thousands of women around the world and to time the film release to coincide with her campaign against rape is no coincidence. The symbolism permeates the film, and is very effective. Far from her crusade raising her Hollywood profile and boosting film profits, it is actually the other way around and she is subtly promoting her cause. I take my hat off to her and while not a huge fan of her up to now I now realise my mistake and admit she has impressed me on a number of levels. Well worth watching!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 08:10 PM

Re: Maleficent

Was looking forward to this though sounds like another man bashing film so will give it a miss.
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2014, 10:24 PM

No, not a man-bashing film by any means. I'm a man and I loved the film, as you can tell.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 12:34 AM

Gonna get hold of this film if I can - seems promising.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I am very much surprised to find myself saying this film is fabulous, since I didn't expect much out of it. I expected a generic fantasy film, but Angelina Jolie plays Maleficent to perfection - her character's motivations are complex and at times very moving.

The film is also a clever metaphor for the brutality shown to many thousands of women around the world and to time the film release to coincide with her campaign against rape is no coincidence. The symbolism permeates the film, and is very effective. Far from her crusade raising her Hollywood profile and boosting film profits, it is actually the other way around and she is subtly promoting her cause. I take my hat off to her and while not a huge fan of her up to now I now realise my mistake and admit she has impressed me on a number of levels. Well worth watching!
Love this post - logical, thoughtful and sincere .....
Tachyon

14-06-2014, 05:32 PM

Thank you Patsy, that was very kind of you to say so. I'm hoping to see it again with a friend who, knowing them as I do, I think will enjoy it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Tachyon, Geordie or Makem
Tachyon

14-06-2014, 10:49 PM

Neither, Nom.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

15-06-2014, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Neither, Nom.
OK North or South Tyneside.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top