Join for free
Page 16 of 370 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 09:31 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Logging about 32000 steps a day, that's nearly a Million a month, that's some going.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:22 PM

A post referendum saunter to absorb what just happened.....
Along the canal towpath for the first three miles....

Fields of Poppies half way round.....

The overgrown Lane for the last couple of miles....

And finally the numbers.......

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:47 PM

Today instead of a swim I ventured out on my bike!
First time in a couple of years, just a little ride of a couple of miles around our local Common.
It felt good!
I suppose I should wear a helmet?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:47 AM

You have some lovely country to run in OldGreyFox .

I did a 4-5 mile run last night and felt much different that I have been. Much lighter on my feet and was running far faster than I had been with no extra effort. My training and weight loss is kicking in at last.

Still, umming and ahhing over what I want to do with running. Left my club, for one reason and another, and in a way I'm glad to have done so. I've never been a team player and much prefer peace and quiet to so constantly being bombarded with running requests and youthful enthusiasm was an overload for me. I feel like I'm getting back to my own personal reasons for running which should be a good thing. Who knows I might well do some races now as I can just quietly appear without all the fan fare that accompanies club involvement.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Today instead of a swim I ventured out on my bike!
First time in a couple of years, just a little ride of a couple of miles around our local Common.
It felt good!
I suppose I should wear a helmet?
Probably. My sister took a nasty fall and her helmet was split from the impact .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 12:43 PM

You guys wear me out just reading your posts!
I've been trying Tai chi! I bought a DVD especially made for people with arthritis, I did try Tai Chi a few years ago, then stopped because I can't balance. These exercises are very gentle and can be done sitting down.
So far I've found that I'm much more achy but slowly becoming more supple. I think once the pain subsides it will do me good! It certainly helps sleep!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 08:29 PM

Thanks Mark, plenty of good running here but no hills (I like hills) only about quarter of a mile away from the country in any direction though. The peace and quiet is very refreshing, no music, no news, and nobody filling up your space. I left the club for much the same reason as you, young blood trying to knock a few seconds off their PB's, ask them where they ran and they can't remember but they know how long it took them to do 5K. I think being a loner is a pre requisite for a long distance runner. I've bumped into many runners who no longer run long distance and give the reason as:- "Long Sunday runs are so boring on your own"!

Any exercise is very good for you Tessa and whatever you can manage will make you stronger and more supple. It also helps in everyday life with all those jobs that must be done. Once you have reaped the benefits that exercise brings, you don't want to give it up easily. The older you get the harder it is to get back to fitness after a layoff.

Ruthio, you must wear a helmet it can save your life. I have lots of friends who ride, some of whom have been unsaddled, mainly by careless drivers, and they were saved from serious head injury by wearing a helmet. The most important bits of your body reside under your hat!

Rest day today and it's been spent eating scones and Mr Kipling French Fancies, among other things. Should put me in good stead for an early eight miler tomorrow.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 11:11 PM

As in fitness, I have surpassed all expectation, now it's a question of knowing when to stop.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You guys wear me out just reading your posts!
I've been trying Tai chi! I bought a DVD especially made for people with arthritis, I did try Tai Chi a few years ago, then stopped because I can't balance. These exercises are very gentle and can be done sitting down.
So far I've found that I'm much more achy but slowly becoming more supple. I think once the pain subsides it will do me good! It certainly helps sleep!
Good for you Tessa!
It's all about what works for you and what improves your body and helps you to feel good about yourself.
Suppleness is so important and even more so as we get older.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-06-2016, 10:50 AM

I wasn't feeling it this morning, managed to propel myself around an eight mile course under the blazing sun, stuck a few pace changes in but arrived home in bits.....Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do......Cos there ain't no cure for the summertime blues.....Is it bedtime yet?

Page 16 of 370 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top