Join for free
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Oh.

I know nuffink.

I NO thassa fakk,cozz I keep gettin messidges wot tell me so.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Umm...[I know you'll all pile in on me for this,but,after reading those UK/EU threads,I see just how low we Brits can sink when 'discussing']...

anyway...JEM...me auld mate -atoms.
Atoms are actually clusters,consisting of distributions of electrons,neutrons and protons-[none of which is 'round' btw]
Planets tend to be 'spheroid' in shape,due to the equator of any planet travelling faster than it's poles.
Corgis running on roundabouts actually run in straight lines,which are centrifugally drawn toward the central axis of spin.

However...your turn to get a ROUND in! Just attempting clarification,Jem-NOT putting anything/one down,so PLEEEEZE don't be annoyed. [Physics is my speciality]
Well done Pug me lad, tis a pleasure to be corrected by one who knows one’s stuff.
Now that only leaves the bums and Boz-oooms, but I suppose they are not really round either when one comes to think about it, I think I’m losing me marbles, they were round but they’re not around anymore.

None of my business, but yes my friend it’s a shame to see a nation split right down the middle, I hope everything works out for the best for all in the long run, time tells all.

Lovely bit of verse there Sweetie.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 05:13 PM

I was going to post another Irish one for Gummy, a real classic called “The Wedding of the Christmas Fairies” but I don’t want to put him in bad humour.

This one always cracks me up.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:15 PM

Oh I say

Is this the new topic?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:34 PM

Topic?
Isn't that sort of a Crunchy,but with peanuts,Sweetie?

[and after all....What have the Romans ever done for us?!?]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Topic?
Isn't that sort of a Crunchy,but with peanuts,Sweetie?

[and after all....What have the Romans ever done for us?!?]
My Mum used to eat Topics, I don't think they are made anymore.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 09:24 PM

Things stop being made, when there is no call, that's business Sweetie.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 09:35 PM

When you sprint towards the setting sun, the earth slows down
Action and reaction are equal so I've found.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 09:39 PM

Never sprint anywhere, see Cardiff, just make sure you can jog, when the time is right, some are more equal than others.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-10-2018, 09:58 PM

Speaking of which.
I have recently taken up the study of birds with some observations on wing powered flight, mans true destiny in the air, we still have a lot to learn from mother nature, and that’s where the real lasting answers lie.
Think of the benefits to our conservation efforts if man could just flap his arms, soar into the deep blue yonder and off he goes to reach his destination.
I believe a Dr. Albert Ross is conducting secret experiments high up in the Swiss Alps, he’s crossing Monkeys with Eagles as a first step, then the result of such a combination will be mated with a real man, even if the result is another male, Dr. Ross is a great believer in political correctness.
By the way, the good Doctor tells me that an egg resulting from a Monkey and an Eagle mating is called a Megg.
It is hoped that when the Megg hatches it will be a Monkey with wings, this in itself will be a ground breaking achievement, good on ya Dr. Albert.
Michael “The Bird” O’Leary has been pestering Dr. Ross for some time now, asking him to get the Monkeys to swallow and digest strips of canvas before the mating process so that the flying Monkeys would have their own built in baggage department, but Ross would not hear tell of it.
I will keep you informed of any more developments on this exciting project. Interesting times eh?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top