Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 07:32 AM

Friday morning

A very good morning to everyone. Dull and cold this morning here in the Midlands, so after doing the weekly Tesco's thing I may light the fire, get the coffee pot on and get my nose into a book for a few hours.

We have declared our house a wedding free zone for the day with no television or radios allowed, so we are expecting one or two other waifs to call in for temporary refuge; it may turn into a party after all..

Have a great day yourselves, whatever you choose to do.

Barry

p.s. Black cockerpoo, 8 weeks old, arriving next Friday, name of Oscar...
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 08:33 AM

Re: Friday morning

Good morning Plantman and all that pass this way.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 08:48 AM

Good Morning Barry, FF, and everyone else. Barry you got the right idea there, hope it turns out well for you, my Missus is glued to the TV, even had to make my own breakfast, can't get her attention for anything. Hope all you Ladies enjoy the ceremonies and I wish the young couple all the best.
Look after yourselves Folks.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Best thing you could do Plantman, I have a King Charles Cavalier, this is my second one,usually have terriers but Cavs are great for old people, welcome to the world of spaniels. Annie.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
p.s. Black cockerpoo, 8 weeks old, arriving next Friday, name of Oscar...
Good for you Barry. Thing is, if you have in you the love for a dog such as your Zack, then it's good that you can share that with another dog too. Zack would be pleased for you, they don't want us to be sad do they?
Someone told me this when I lost my two and I believe it, trouble is my husband won't allow me to have another one and the place is awfully lonely without one. Good name Oscar, that's my little grandson's name
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 03:09 PM

Phoebe is my Cav, she is ten this year and she will be my last dog,I will be 78 this year and cant have another one. Its dreadful when they go but much worse for them to be left without you.I have always had a dog in my life. Annie.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Good afternoon everyone - We didn't watch the wedding, but will catch the repeat later.

Congratulations Barry on the impending arrival of Oscar - We went to look at a litter of flatcoated retrievers today, but there was not a black dog puppy left and I was not too impressed with the set up generally. I think you have done the right thing taking the plunge straight away after you lost Zack. We are now hesitating and getting more indecisive and picky, probably because the next dog will be our last and we don't want to get it wrong.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Slept thru the Wedding as planned. There will be replays of the important parts on the noon news and later! The strong front that brought the terrible tornadoes is out to sea now; unfortunately it took the lovely warm weather too; quite cooler this morning. 17 C (62 F), cloudy and windy, back to sweatpants and sweater! Why were there trees in the Abbey?

Barry, wonderful news about Oscar!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 06:49 PM

I woke up naturally at 2:00AM due to nature's call so I watched the wedding. As soon as the "I do" part was over I went back to sleep. No terrorist attack or someone tripping down a flight of stairs, just an ordinary wedding with a lot of crazy hats. The one exception was the prime minister's wife without a hat. No THAT was news. LOL
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 07:02 PM

Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts on our new best friend Oscar.

Best of luck with your search for another flatcoat Aerolor. Like you, I think this will be our last dog too, and I hope that we've got it right. We decided not to get another lab this time but to go for a smaller dog to try to make our lives a little easier as we will no doubt become less mobile over the next few years.

I feel for you anniemuldoon but I'm sure you've a year or two left yet with Phoebe, Cavaliers are smashing little dogs and so full of character. I wish you well for the time you have left together.

Kind Regards to you all,

Barry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top