Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 11:56 AM

Re: Would you have challenged this idiot?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Probably because they could see that he was not being cruel ?
But was just trying to get his doughnut out of the seagulls beak ST ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Yes, that's the way it appears to me too, Donkeyman, although I would have just let the gull keep it.

In Bridlington, the seagulls still eat fish. The only problem is, they prefer their fish battered with some chips, salt and vinegar and tomato sauce!

One day, my brother and I were out for the afternoon in Brid. He left his meal on the table to fetch more bread and butter, and the gulls were down in seconds scoffing his fish and chips! (Well, actually it was me who scoffed them, but I blamed it on the gulls! )
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 12:10 PM

I reckon greedy gulls are actually a clever government stealth tax. Gulls eat our waste and left-overs, which means that the councils don't have to employ people and machines to clean up!

The tax is paid when we buy take-away food at our seaside resorts. Since the Government does not provide any public warnings about the possibility of having our grub nicked by gulls, the gulls always have lots of opportunities to nick our food!

Furthermore, the economy benefits with take-aways often being able to sell more food to us in order to replace food which has been pinched by the gulls!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 12:18 PM

Don't think I would have challenged him. I might have offered to buy him another doughnut in return for releasing the gull, but I certainly wouldn't have got into a fight about it!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:46 PM

I social distance people like that. 😐
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
i agree a lot with what you are saying here, i have lived with seagulls so know they can be an absolute nuisance and danger.

The thing is, that guy took it by the neck, he shouldn’t have done that, imo, it was a cruel thing to do...

How would you like to be taken by the neck, held in that position for quite some time, then thrown over the sea wall...

It’s a living creature that should be treated with respect, it’s a wild bird for heavens sake......” wild”...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Yes, that's the way it appears to me too, Donkeyman, although I would have just let the gull keep it.

In Bridlington, the seagulls still eat fish. The only problem is, they prefer their fish battered with some chips, salt and vinegar and tomato sauce!

One day, my brother and I were out for the afternoon in Brid. He left his meal on the table to fetch more bread and butter, and the gulls were down in seconds scoffing his fish and chips! (Well, actually it was me who scoffed them, but I blamed it on the gulls! )
Good one GC !! 🤗🤗
I had a similar thing with baboons !
One of our guests was smoking on his cabin deck, and he went inside for a slash,.when he came out again the baboons were sitting on the
grass trying to smoke his ciggies !! What a larf!!😄😄

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I couldn't work out why he thought that either, Tabs.
What the 'eck's homophobia got to do with a seagull being htrottled anyway?
Tabby said she liked animals above humans !!
Did'nt you read it ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

11-07-2021, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
I reckon greedy gulls are actually a clever government stealth tax. Gulls eat our waste and left-overs, which means that the councils don't have to employ people and machines to clean up!

The tax is paid when we buy take-away food at our seaside resorts. Since the Government does not provide any public warnings about the possibility of having our grub nicked by gulls, the gulls always have lots of opportunities to nick our food!

Furthermore, the economy benefits with take-aways often being able to sell more food to us in order to replace food which has been pinched by the gulls!
Never thought of that !
Maybe the takeaway owners import the gulls ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗👍👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

11-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I agree a lot with what you are saying here, I have lived with seagulls so know they can be an absolute nuisance and danger.

The thing is, that guy took it by the neck, he shouldn’t have done that, imo, it was a cruel thing to do...

How would you like to be taken by the neck, held in that position for quite some time, then thrown over the sea wall...

It’s a living creature that should be treated with respect, it’s a wild bird for heavens sake......” wild”...
Sounds like it's you that's wild Pauline ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 04:43 PM

One nicked my Flake out of my 99 ice cream in Cornwall and then came back for a slurp of ice cream.

I am not a big fan of gulls after that. l mean....they are so skilful at it! Like professionals!

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top