Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 07:36 PM

Christmas is coming - Help

I haven't got any presents yet and I can't go out and shop as I can't carry much after my op. I need to shop Online for Christmas gifts. I've had a look at some sites but nothing exciting.

Does anyone know of any good websites for Christmas presents please? I don't even know what I want for people until I see it. Thanks for any help.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Re: Christmas is coming - Help

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I haven't got any presents yet and I can't go out and shop as I can't carry much after my op. I need to shop Online for Christmas gifts. I've had a look at some sites but nothing exciting.

Does anyone know of any good websites for Christmas presents please? I don't even know what I want for people until I see it. Thanks for any help.

Alison darlin' if you have 'freeview' on your television tune to channels 23 and/or 37 or go 'on-line' to these channels and you'll get some good ideas for prezzies.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 10:04 AM

Hi Alicat, I am going on line todayi. I do know what I want though. I am buying myself a camera as I do alot of photography and my Granddaughter broke part of my camera. I have had it for 4 years so dont mind buying a new one. I dont spend hundreds. I did buy myself a I pod Shuffle last week from Amazon They post the presents to you free if you can wait a few days. The reason I am buying myself presents is my eldest son has sent me money from abroad to buy what I want. Sorry you cant get out. Isnt there someone who could collect somethings for you from Argos. Order on line then they send them to your nearest store? Hope it goes well for you.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 10:04 AM

Thanks Mags, I have looked at most of those ones but thanks for putting them on.

Uncle Joe we haven't got Freeview but have SKY, are they the shopping channels by any chance?

I've decided now to give vouchers although I don't think they are much of a present as it's nice to see a gift wrapped up, but because this year has been difficult with the op and not being able to lift or carry much it seems the obvious choice.

Thanks to you both.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Thanks Mags, I have looked at most of those ones but thanks for putting them on.

Uncle Joe we haven't got Freeview but have SKY, are they the shopping channels by any chance?

I've decided now to give vouchers although I don't think they are much of a present as it's nice to see a gift wrapped up, but because this year has been difficult with the op and not being able to lift or carry much it seems the obvious choice.

Thanks to you both.
Yes Alison darlin' - Bid-tv and Price-drop tv - order either by 'phone or on-line, give them your 'plastic' details and they'll deliver to your door within a few days. Have used them many times over the past 10 years - very reliable and quality good.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 11:09 AM

Amazon or better still cancel Christmas
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 01:17 PM

In my opinion you can`t beat QVC ,Molton Brown and M&Sfor quick and efficient delivery .They`ve been a godsend to me this Christmas as I`m not too well at the moment .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top