Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 08:56 PM

What 'scares' you?

Not real horror, but 'puts the wind up you' as my Dad would say.........

I confess to not being comfy with spiders (particularly the large, scuttley types which come in for the winter. They have to be removed ! I'll never kill them, but I have a horror of them running across me. Daft, eh?

Conversely, I've had a mouse run up inside a long skirt and been bitten by two ungrateful field mice brought in by one of my former moggies (having spent about an hour moving bed, furniture etc to 'rescue' them). In hindsight, I don't really blame them - revenge for harassment I suppose!

Gwyn
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:04 PM

Re: What 'scares' you?

I too have a dreadful fear of big spiders, wont even sleep in the bedroom until my hubby gets one out if it is in there. Also would never go outside if there is lightening.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that Stella! Mum always used to tell me that when I was quite young, I'd take the budgie and the dog underneath the table if there was a storm.

Even now, lightening scares me silly and I shut my eyes until I think it's over and I'm always wrong!

Gwyn
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:10 PM

I really hate it Gwyn and have even been known to sit on the floor so I can't see it flashing through the window - stupid I know.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:20 PM

I thought I was terrified of spiders but just discovered what real fear is like and my panic at a spider is nothing compared with my fear of the dog that is being allowed to terrorise the tenants here.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:23 PM

I get the terrors being outside in the dark - in the house I don't mind but outside reduces me to a trembling wreck!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:47 PM

Spiders don't bother me very much but my phobias are worms and frogs. We have frogs in the ponds but they don't worry me when they're IN there, its when they decide to go hopabout that has me running for cover!!

Wouldn't like to meet a snake either.

I like thunder and lightning as long as I'm indoors. I remember though as a child my mother and grandmother always covering up the stainless steel draining board with tea towels for some reason when there was a storm!
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2013, 09:57 PM

I don't like thunder and lightning either, when i was young running an errand to shop, it started to thunder and a bolt of lightning seemed to strike the edge of the road where a field was just the opposite side of the road to me.
I took the longer route home through the houses.

I hate balloons floating around or being played with near me too.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 05:08 AM

Being trapped in a confined space..........it makes me cringe just to think about it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
I don't like thunder and lightning either, when i was young running an errand to shop, it started to thunder and a bolt of lightning seemed to strike the edge of the road where a field was just the opposite side of the road to me.
I took the longer route home through the houses.

I hate balloons floating around or being played with near me too.
Yes Val darlin' - you're not alone either as I too, do not like storms, having seen several people killed when they were struck by lightning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top