Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Re: What 'scares' you?

I'm better with spiders than I used to be but am still pretty scared.
These days I have to deal with them alone

My other big fear is wasps.
As a child, I was stung by a swarm and now I dislike any insects buzzing near my head
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 09:06 AM

It has taken me a while to think of some thing as I love all beasties and bugs, Adore thunder storms and dont have any of the normal fears most people I meet have but the one thing that scares me is being in the front passenger seat while some one else is driving ...I like to drive my self or be in the back .... dont know why im like this .... I had a bad accident years ago but I was in the back at the time so it cant be that .... I just think its a feeling of not being in control that worries me ...as im always braking on the foot well if some one else is drivng ....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 09:14 AM

My OH was like that Baggy and he couldn't explain it either.

Control freaks ?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 10:32 AM

I also love all beasties and I am the rescuer of hundreds of spiders trapped in peoples baths or rooms. I pick them up with my hand even. Like storms and only have one hate more than fear.
That is when you are on a bus having young kids sat behind me, in fact,
I actually move seats nowadays. Cant stand that feeling of a jumping presence behind my head and neck. I once had my fear confirmed when one kid pulled my hair really hard and the Mother laughed. I didn't think it was funny at all. Otherwise I am quite a cool character with most phobias I hear about. I do have sympathy though for people who do have them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Hate heights, water, especially sea, it's so big & dangerous, yet if a spider or scorpion was chasing me I'd jump off a cliff into the sea!
I was chased by a scorpion once, I didn't realize they like to get in your shadow, so I kept running & it kept chasing!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top