Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 08:49 PM

Road Rage..........

Well, this was a first for me -

I had to park directly outside my friend's house, as he uses a walking frame which had to be taken out from the back seat. Not a busy road, but I held up the chap coming my way. The whole procedure took about a minute, then he was able to go.

When he and his wife had started to walk in, I pulled forward and raised my hand to say thank you to the driver. He motioned for me to put my window down and I was treated to a tirade as to why I hadn't reversed. I managed to say 'Well.....' before he yelled 'No....' at me - by this time, beetroot red in face, to which my reply was 'Does that make you feel better? Just go away'.

Aren't some drivers impatient - he saw the reason for the delay, but that was apparently not good enough!

Gwyn
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 08:58 PM

Re: Road Rage..........

Words fail me! It's like people becoming parents. They're entitled to, but it doesn't automatically make them a good parent. Same with drivers: they're entitled to drive but they don't automatically become good at it, and very often leave their manners at home! Does that make sense to you?
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Yup - I was just so taken aback by the abuse!

I can forgive mistakes in driving - we're all guilty of the occasional lapse, but this was so uncalled for - I dread to think of this person's reaction when faced with a 'lapse' in another driver.........

Gwyn
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 09:16 PM

When something like that happens to me I just want to explain my actions so that they will understand, however they always just have their say and then drive off - it makes me so angry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 09:17 PM

I am afraid this kind of thing it is getting more and more common Gwyn, it is one reason I drive a lot less than I use to.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 09:32 PM

Good for you keeping your cool, these people just want to upset people. If it's some consolation he probably has a miserable life...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:10 PM

I'm glad you gave him an answer Gwyn - ignorant man.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:33 PM

People like that must have very unhappy lives trick is don't let them spread that unhappiness to you and take no notice of them. Sounds like you were doing a lovely thing don't let the idiot spoil that.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:49 PM

I usually just smile at them and blow them a kiss, Then drive away.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:53 PM

I have a bit of rage, but then I question myself, and take some of the blame, one day I will step off the fence.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top