Join for free
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Calling all Edinburghites

I am going to Edinburgh next month with my two daughters to celebrate one of their birthdays, she will be 30.

Been checking out various sites but it occurred to me that there is nothing better than personal recommendations.

I am looking for good restaurants in the city centre to go for dinner. Nothing to expensive, middle of the road but nice places if you know what I mean.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 08:23 PM

Re: Calling all Edinburghites

I always felt Edinburgh was one of the nicer cities in UK - Have been there a few times but was many years ago so sadly can't remember any place names and they've likely changed now anyway. Hope you have a good time.
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Sure we will, got 3 days there so will enjoy hunting out interesting places to visit
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 02:24 PM

Edinburgh is regarded as the Athens of the north, . It's a lovely city with lots to see and do, . . the restaurants are good and if you'd like a swim there's the Commonwealth pool, . . you must visit the castle too, . . I live just 25 miles from Edinburgh, . . if you're taking your car parking can be a problem, look out for the traffic wardens they're a nightmare, . . have a great time.
anekico
Liverpool UK

23-02-2010, 09:13 PM

Going by train. Any suggestions where to eat?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 08:48 AM

Have a look at The Dome?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by anekico ->
Going by train. Any suggestions where to eat?
There are hundreds of eating places in the city centre, . . they cater for all tastes and budgets.
anekico
Liverpool UK

07-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions, we are off in less than three weeks now cannot wait!
nero
Central Scotland

07-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by anekico ->
Thank you for all your helpful suggestions, we are off in less than three weeks now cannot wait!
Have a good time and remember to take some photos, it's a beautiful city.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top