Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 08:37 AM

Over 50 dating app is launched

The dating app for wrinkles is finally here folks, and at the sweep of a finger, a press of a button , just like magic ' the one' may be but just a text away ... No more trawling bars or police cells, walking the dog, hanging out in sainsbugs meat section in search of him or her... Finally you can do it from home . Not to certain if like other apps it's going to do home delivery or a click n collect service quite yet but at least someone somewhere is thinking of you

'Tinder for the elderly' has arrived
http://dailym.ai/1P4h3N7
via http://dailym.ai/ios

Around three in 10 'baby boomers' are single.
Now, a new dating app is hoping to reduce that number by becoming the 'Tinder for fifty and overs'.
Dubbed Stitch, the app claims to provide meaningful relationships for older people, rather than random hookups.

The dating app matches older people with companions who are interested in activities such as salsa dancing, wine tasting and going to the movies.
‘At first I was really offended [about the association with Tinder], but then I realized that a lot of our users have found us by Googling 'Tinder for seniors' because they know their kids are on it and they're wondering if there's something for them,’ said Marcie Rogo co-founder of Stitch, in an interview with CNBC.
Like Tinder, Stitch shows users one profile at a time and sends alerts to profiles where a person they’ve liked has also liked them back.
The app has been available since July last year.
It claims to not only be a romantic matchmaking site, but also provide users with platonic companionship, if that's what they are looking for.
Members go through a verification process which includes scanning and submitting a driver’s license to the company.
After they are verified and ‘stitched’ with other users, then can chat with one another through the app or over the phone before meeting in person.
Users can also engage in local group activities, coordinate travel plans, chat in the community forum or browse profiles in search via the mobile app or desktop site.
The company raised $1 million in its first six months and has grown its user base from 18,000 in October to 25,000 this month.
There is a lot of competition in this space, specifically Match Group, which owns Match, OkCupid and Tinder and recently filed for an initial public offering.
More and more apps are being listed on the Stock Exchange and Rogo says she isn’t opposed to the idea.
‘I think an IPO is definitely a possibility if we can get to that size and really be the destination for social connections in later years,’ she said.
Rogo does have a list of goals for Stitch such as raising a round of venture capital, partnering with major media companies and offering more traveling opportunities to its users.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:08 AM

Re: Over 50 dating app is launched

A lot of false advertising going on at these dating sites. So buyer beware !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Yeah right! Can't wait. Not.

Once spent a while on a dating site. Bloody nightmare!
Met loads of nice men but found myself time after time just listening to a monologue of complaints and ailments about health, ex wives, kids, jobs etc etc.
Most men it seemed just want to get their leg over, or forget to mention they're already seeing 27 other women!!

Not that I'm cynical or anything
I do love men, but it's true what they say: the best ones are married.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
A lot of false advertising going on at these dating sites. So buyer beware !
Very true - have come across horror stories
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 10:42 AM

What's an APP

I keep having my mobile having texts from my supplier.
They know I bought the mobile from them and its just
a cheap, do phone calls and texts and that's your lot.
So no apps on my phone thank goodness.

People can type what they want when they cant see the face
of the receiver. Look at all these poor kids groomed on these
kind of sites.

No thank you I will continue being single and
happy and survive without a man. No male is going to tell
me what I can or cant do.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 11:32 AM

I wouldnt bother with a dating app,as Ruthio has said
"Most men it seemed just want to get their leg over, or forget to mention they're already seeing 27 other women!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 12:25 PM

'Ere, steady on ladies, we'll have our Nom accuse us of another 'Man Bashing' thread.
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I wouldnt bother with a dating app,as Ruthio has said
"Most men it seemed just want to get their leg over, or forget to mention they're already seeing 27 other women!!
Is it the numbers thing that concerns? Maybe a carefully worded advert

Lady seeks guy with single figure 'harem' with a view to cosy nights in , summer walks on beach ' may be the way forward?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 04:18 PM

There are supposed to be lots of divorced over fifties guys around! Where are they? Do they all get snapped up on Russian Brides.com or Mail order Thai girls?
There must be some left that are decent surely!
Doubtful if you'd find one with an app though!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2015, 04:33 PM

A lot of older folk who seek like minded suitors, are more likely to find one in an asylum, than with an App.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top