Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 06:00 PM

Re: Last to post wins

There's a rumour going around that most women no longer make fresh Yorkies but usually buy Aunt Bessies. Can that be true? Surely not.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
There's a rumour going around that most women no longer make fresh Yorkies but usually buy Aunt Bessies. Can that be true? Surely not.
Many do EZ it is easier & less work. That is why Mups & I have been trying to get Judd to go into business, if his are so good!
If he made enough money he could send Mups & I on holiday....as a thank you for our brilliant suggestion!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Many do EZ it is easier & less work. That is why Mups & I have been trying to get Judd to go into business, if his are so good!
If he made enough money he could send Mups & I on holiday....as a thank you for our brilliant suggestion!

Not much fear of that Twink, he's far too tight.
He would keep all the dosh for himself like he always does.

He sits there, every night, counting his money for a hobby y'know, piles and piles of it. And not so much as a day trip for us, let alone going to Italy.

Look, there he goes again.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:02 PM

Simple YP recipe that even wimmin can follow.

Arm yourself with a beaker (that's a kind of cup or mug) - approx 8oz or 225gm.

Fill said beaker to the top with plain flour and then put flour into mixing bowl. Add a tsp of salt and stir together before making a well in the middle.

Fill beaker to top with either semi-skimmed milk or whole milk to the 3/4 level and top up with water.

Crack 2 x medium eggs into the flour and stir in with a fork gradually adding flour from the sides of the `well` until a thick batter is made. Add the milk slowly stirring with a fork until the milk is incorporated and then use a wooden spoon to beat until the batter is smooth and the consistency of single cream. If not, add a drop more milk until it is. Bung in the fridge and forget about it for at least an hour.

When you're ready to use, put a dollop of lard or splash of oil into the bun-tin style cooking tins or around a 2 x tbs oil or a good 2oz lard into a largish roasting dish. Crank your oven up to as high as it will go and put in your chosen tins. Allow to heat for at least 10mins until oil/fat is smoking.

Remove the batter from the fridge and beat again with the wooden spoon to incorporate some air into the batter. Decant batter into a jug for easier pouring.

Slide shelf that tin(s) are sitting on out of the oven to allow easy access to the tins. Pour the batter up to the top of the bun-tins if using or around a quarter inch depth in a roasting tin. The batter should sizzle as it's poured in and the sides begin to bubble.

Slide the shelf back into the oven and leaving the oven on high, leave alone and do not open oven for at least 10 minutes for small puddings and 15 minutes for large puddings or they will collapse. If you have a glass oven door so much the better as you can see them as they rise. When they are well risen with a nice brown crispy top, arm yourself with a butterfly net to catch any puddings that may float away and remove from oven.

Serve as a first course (preferably) with rich onion gravy.

That's saved me a few bob wasted on holiday funds for the feckless.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not much fear of that Twink, he's far too tight.
He would keep all the dosh for himself like he always does.

He sits there, every night, counting his money for a hobby y'know, piles and piles of it. And not so much as a day trip for us, let alone going to Italy.

Look, there he goes again.

I wouldn't be so brazen as to have me brass on display like that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2019, 09:15 PM

We'll have to come along with our metal detectors then.

Judsy, be nice to me.
Don't you feel sorry me for our lousy meal today?

The Sunday roast is my friend's favourite dinner, but she never cooks it anymore because her son, (who lives at home because he has learning problems), doesn't like it and won't eat it.

That is why I took her out, because she deserves a treat.
Then although I had the best of intentions, the meal was 'orrible. I was so disappointed.

Hey, I am thinking of moving away, maybe to the coast.

You men will be crying for weeks after I go, but Twink will help you cope.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

28-04-2019, 09:19 PM

Judsy, be nice to me.

The Sunday roast is my friend's favourite dinner, but she never cooks it anymore because her son, (who lives at home because he has learning problems), doesn't like it and won't eat it.

Then although I had the best of intentions, the meal was 'orrible. I was so disappointed.

No.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

28-04-2019, 09:20 PM

Judsy, be nice to me.

No need to do that, with all the climate change forecasts of doom, the coast will come to you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-04-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No.

Well shame on you, that's all I can say.
Tried to do a good deed and it all went pear shaped.

How you fixed for cooking for us ladies next Sunday?
That's the least you could do after all we have to put up with from you and those other layabouts of the male species here.

I am quite sure you'd appreciate our excellent company - just don't expect a tip.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-04-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No need to do that, with all the climate change forecasts of doom, the coast will come to you.

Ooh don't say that, wicked man.
I watched that programme about Atlantis last night!

'Ere, hang on a mo, what am I doing having a conversation with you?
Now look what you've made me do!

Go on, 'oppit. Go and watch a film or count your money, or go and drag that Dongle out the pub or something - anything, as long as you skidaddle out of our residence - and take yer smelly slippers with yer too.

Ah, that's told 'im.
Peace at last.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top