Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 08:08 AM

How the uk has changed

'Suicide Bomber' In Terror Training Exercise
http://news.sky.com/story/1693252/su...ining-exercise

Modern Britain ??? No longer are wars fought in far off places , they could ( indeed will?) be coming to a shopping centre near you .... And still we allow more into Europe
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 08:52 AM

Re: How the uk has changed

Hi

Training exercises take place all the time.

The publicity surrounding these is perhaps a sign of the Politicians wanting to show that they are doing something?

Terrorism has been part of life for decades, the IRA were not too shabby themselves when it came to killing and maiming.

A scientist myself, my area of expertise is NCB, Nuclear Chemical Biological.

In that respect we are not doing so well.

As I have posted before, the powers that be are saving money.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Assu...ail/story.html

Cutting the number of units by a third is a minuscule saving, but a big risk.

Forget the rubbish about one outfit on each Fire Engine, if that one person is taken out, the Unit is toast.

Such is life.
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 09:35 AM

Is this the most embarrassing 'running man' police video yet?
http://dailym.ai/1rMS9rq
via http://dailym.ai/ios

has taken on a new twist in their fight against terror
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 12:10 PM

I'm glad to know those kind of terror training exercises are taking place. I'd volunteer to take part in something like that - you never know when a bit of experience may stand you in good stead.
You can't prepare for every set of circumstances but it's better than waiting until something happens and finding the emergency services are totally unprepared.

As for the 2nd Clip, Running Man Challenge -
It's good to see folk having a bit of fun to leaven all the gloom & doom.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 01:43 PM

As Swimfeeders says these 'excercises' are always going on behind the scenes.

My DIL when part of St John Ambulance used to be one of those taking part in them and she also attended conferences not just for terror attacks but all kinds of 'major emergencies '.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alien ->
'Suicide Bomber' In Terror Training Exercise
http://news.sky.com/story/1693252/su...ining-exercise

Modern Britain ??? No longer are wars fought in far off places , they could ( indeed will?) be coming to a shopping centre near you .... And still we allow more into Europe
I'm sure you're right.

Give it time and what happened in Paris will happen here.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 07:57 PM

This is the one where the GMP got a bollocking by the `right-on brigade` for shouting Allahu Akbar to inject a bit of realism into the proceedings.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
This is the one where the GMP got a bollocking by the `right-on brigade` for shouting Allahu Akbar to inject a bit of realism into the proceedings.
Whilst realistically the terrorist attack, when it comes, will be conducted by those very people we must not name!

What a pathetic country.

You know, when it happens and even when it is shown without doubt to be muslim terrorists, you can be sure that the hand-wringers will be out complaining about us referring to them as muslims and accusing us of islamophobia, racism, bigotry, xenophobia, and any other words they can think up.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 09:27 PM

Soddem. I have no axe to grind with anyone. NO-one. I wore a uniform for too many years ever to want to re-live that sh#t again. BUT - this is GREAT Britain. Alf Garnet should've been elected as PM....because he may have been contentious,but he CERTAINLY was loyal,solid and proud of our royal family,HM Queen [Gawd blesser] and of our British Isles-all of them.
He'd have had NO truck with any EU rubbish,nor with smothering our countryside with hastily-built but expensive housing estates for the 'overspill' from Londinium,that well-known Roman stronghold.
I went to see my mate in Dagenham last week...as I drove up Heathway,the only thing NOT on show,were any British white faces. Not ONE. But out here in Nowhereville,that the Cockerneez usta laugh at and make references to carrot-crunching incestuous oooh-arrr wallahs who never washed....well,suddenly EVERY new housing estate is ALWAYS filled almost instantly with Cockernee 'ex-pats'. Stone les crows,it's wholesale exodus! But only white Christian British Cockneys-why???
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-05-2016, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
He'd have had NO truck with any EU rubbish,nor with smothering our countryside with hastily-built but expensive housing estates for the 'overspill' from Londinium
You must mean Londonistan!

Originally Posted by Pug ->
EVERY new housing estate is ALWAYS filled almost instantly with Cockernee 'ex-pats'. Stone les crows,it's wholesale exodus! But only white Christian British Cockneys-why???
White flight. Happening in all large cities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top