Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 11:53 AM

Car boot sales

Love them or hate them, if it's the former what type of thing catches your eye ?

I usually buy my books at car boot sales and also canvas's which I then paint over, but yesterday I found a beautiful black glass vase with a gold trim, perfect for my bathroom and it cost one pound, (perfect for my purse) !

Have you found any bargains lately ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 12:02 PM

Re: Car boot sales

Not recently, last year I did see a box of costume jewellery that was priced at £2.50 and in amongst the crap I noticed gold ring so bought it.

Upon closer inspection I found another.

Both 18c and worth £130 scrap.

Result.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 12:05 PM

Ambre ....
I love carboot sales...Ive only this very morning been wandering round a local one which is on weekly every Sunday morning.
I spent the grand sum of £2.70 lol
50p for car park ...and 20p on a gorgeous mediterranean coloured terracotta
china fruit bowl (I wouldve paid more for this)
£1 for a lovely blue and white china planter in the shape of a hexagon (perfect for a plant Ive got at home)
£1 for a lovely book ..The Illustrated guide to Science Fiction
so all in all Im very happy with my purchases today ....
Afterwards I went to Morrisons which was just down the road and had breakfast then came home
Im always amazed at the bargains to be had at these boot sales.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 12:07 PM

Tpin that was a good buy for you ...I usually buy if something catches my eye...sometimes you have to do a bit of rummaging I find
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 12:28 PM

Hi

We have some posh car boots here.

Dearnford is the best.

Things are not cheap as in normal Car Boot prices, but some amazing bargains to be had.

I got an entire 8 place setting Royal Doulton White Nile Dinner service and 8 cup coffee set for £70, brand new.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 12:29 PM

Jigsaws, I love them, and can usually pick them up for a pound. I do them and then pass them on to a charity shop.

I've never found any real bargains but there's often some interesting stuff amongst the rubbish!! The dealers are often first on the scene to find anything worth a bit.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Tpin that was a good buy for you ...I usually buy if something catches my eye...sometimes you have to do a bit of rummaging I find
It was a one off....I normally buy crap.

I did buy a US Army motorcycle sidecar(no bike)
When I got it home I really did question my sanity.

I ended up half burying it in my garden and planted flowers in it.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2016, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Jigsaws, I love them, and can usually pick them up for a pound. I do them and then pass them on to a charity shop.

I've never found any real bargains but there's often some interesting stuff amongst the rubbish!! The dealers are often first on the scene to find anything worth a bit.
I would never do that.

If I bought a 1000 piece jigsaw and found one piece was missing having put 999 together I'd hunt the seller down....
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 01:09 PM

Love carboots but haven't been for a while. There's a huge one not far from us every week but it gets so busy now, it puts me off.
Had some good bits, cars and books, for grandson in the past and some cheap plants for the garden.

Tpin, that made me giggle, a sidecar, Is it still buried? Did you take it with you when you moved, recently?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

04-09-2016, 01:14 PM

It had to stay at 'Castle Tpin' as I secured it in concrete

I scared the wife witless once.

I bought an old skeleton off a company that went bust.
I put it in the sidecar one evening and placed one of the solar lights inside the rib cage

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top