Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 02:44 AM

My Dad died yesterday morning

Don't worry if you see me posting on here in the wee hours of the morning as I'm having trouble sleeping and I don't want to take any sleeping tablets or anything.

My Dad was 90 years old and for the last three years he has been completely disaballed but still had his mind. He was in hospital this last week suffering with pneumonia and unfortunately it saw him off. I'm just finding it hard and it's affected my sleeping.

My Mum is left and she is 90 but she is in much better health and has the mind of a 70 year old.

It's hard isnt it, losing a parent.

It was Asti's birthday yesterday as well and I forgot all about it until about 4.00 pm, I hadn't even bought her a card, still, being a dog I'm sure she won't mind us forgetting it just this one year. She was 6 today.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 03:16 AM

Re: My Dad died yesterday morning

Oh Alicat, so sorry; please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. Yes, losing a parent is very hard. I hope you'll be able to get some restoring sleep later, and be there for your mum ....... ((( hugs)))

Little Asti doesn't know it's her birthday, but I know she'll sense your unhappiness and be a comfort to you ... they know.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 08:14 AM

Alicat, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

You dont really need to be sad though as it is really just recall to our maker and the begining of a new life for a person who has seen and experienced life here for a long time.

Asti will not mind for once and will forgive you.

God bless you all.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 10:15 AM

Oh Alicat I am so sorry to read of your loss of your Dad. My sincere condollences to you and your Mum and your family.

Your Dad will always be with you in your heart and time is a good healer, although you may not think of it at the moment. Once you have a chance to accept it all, you will sleep.

Chin up and thinking of you.

Bless you and yours.

Take care xx
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 10:55 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your mum can support each other through the worst days.
All my love to you both
x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 12:11 PM

I know how you feel Alicat having lost my beloved Father recently, please accept my deepest sympathy.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 12:55 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad Allicat. It is very hard to lose a parent no matter what age you are, but they never really leave you - they are part of you and you are part of them - for always. Take care of yourself and your Mum I am sure everyone is thinking of you. Sleep is important at this time and I hope you will go and get something to help if you find it very difficult to sleep. Its only for a short time to get you over the first days.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 01:00 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 01:47 PM

Oh Alicat, I am so sorry to read of the sad loss of your Dad.

My sincere condolences to you, your Mum and your family...

My thoughts are with you ... *hugs* xx
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad Alicat

*hug*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top