Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Re: Friends in real life

Thank you to all of you for the lovely responses. All very interesting....and the pictures Bratti are beautiful and it is nice that you have one really close friend. You are very pretty Bratti and so is your friend/s and hubby..... And Floyd, I didn't see your thread, but I will check your link and respond...thanks for that.....you always have such great posts Floyd.

Gee, I should respond to each of you separately, but I guess there is no need to do that, just know...that I enjoyed all of your replies, very interesting to see how others feel about "friendship".....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 03:55 PM

I used to have quite a few friends from School days or work, but most of them have moved out of the area once they got married, but we still send Xmas Cards and emails to each other.

I have 5 close friends, 3 of them are old School friends and 1 work colleague and 1 my boss, who I try and meet up with now and again, but we do send emails or phone each other.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I used to have quite a few friends from School days or work, but most of them have moved out of the area once they got married, but we still send Xmas Cards and emails to each other.

I have 5 close friends, 3 of them are old School friends and 1 work colleague and 1 my boss, who I try and meet up with now and again, but we do send emails or phone each other.
Hi Susie, me being 75, a lot of my friends in the last 10 years are my age and older, so some have passed on and some are in a nursing home with alzheimer's who wouldn't know me if I went to see them.......so my friends now are people who have survived this far.....

I have really suffered a lot of grief lately as friends are here one day, and dead the next. It is hard for me to handle this. I feel very bad some days.....

when you are older like me, it is very common to hear a friend has died, it shocks you, but on the other hand, you seem to expect it. don't like it, but expect it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 04:39 PM

Thank you Blue.
Aging , seeing friends health suffer and possibly die is the very reason I cherish the friends I have.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Don't worry Blue, i'm catching up on your age. But I have also seen quite a few people pass away lately.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Hi Bluey, nice to read about your friends and social life.

I too am a a social butterfly and I make friends easily.

I will answer your questions as best I can.

Do you have lots of friends that you can go out with?

I am very fortunate and have a lot of friends who are like family to me.
I have f different circles of friends. One such circle are my schoolfriends and we call ourselves the Golden Girls. The four of us try to meet once a week for a meal and a good old chinwag. We have a particular pub where we all meet up. We went away to the seaside in a caravan back in March and we are going away again to the same place in October. We have the best fun and we are all so comfortable around each other.

Another circle is my best friend and two other close friends, again we meet up usually on a Sunday and we go looking round shops, usually going for coffee and a chat after looking around.

I have a good friends that I met through work and although neither of us work there anymore we kept in touch and meet up regularly. Another I met through a different workplace has a brain disease and she can no longer work and she doesn't get out much so I go visit her at her home when I can and we phone each other.

Then I have a friend I met at college and while we don't get to see each other much we talk on the phone a lot and get together when we can.

Each and everyone of my friends are very special to me and they are all my chosen sisters.

Do you have friends that are cliquey?

None of my friends are cliquey.

If your friend gets in a scrap with someone, do you stop talking to that someone?

If someone hurt my friend and really upset her I probably wouldn't want anything to do with that someone, I'm fiercely loyal to my friends.

Are you the jealous type? Do you get jealous if your friend spends too much time with another friend? Does it hurt your feelings?

It doesn't bother me if my friends want to spend time with other people, I get to see them a lot and they are allowed to have other friends other than me so I think the answer there has to be no, it doesn't hurt my feelings.

What's it like for you? How many friends do you have in real life.....or do you just stick with family?

i have only a very small family only having my Husband, Dad, my Son, My Niece and my Nephew. My friends are my extended family, chosen by me and they are all very special people in my life.

My husband is my very best friend in the whole world, while friends may let you down from time to time I know he would never let me down.

Sorry for the essay, I always set out to type just a bit then when I'm talking about things close to me I find myself going on and on, hope I didn't bore you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top