Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Re: new to this forum

Morning chris and welcome from another "doggy " person...got 5 of them
chris57
New Member!
wisbech UK
chris57 is female 

25-06-2011, 02:42 PM

hello everybody. I'm looking forward to joining in. I wont let my hubby on here as he would only look on the grumpy section, and when he gets started there is no shutting him up. Chris
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Hello Chris and welcome.
Your area (Wisbech) seems a familiar name, I think we played there in the very old Essex & Suffolk Border football league.

Now that is an awful long time ago.

Hope to see you posting .
George
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2011, 06:09 PM

Hi & welcome Chris from a cat person who likes dogs too.
chris57
New Member!
wisbech UK
chris57 is female 

25-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Hello Chris and welcome.
Your area (Wisbech) seems a familiar name, I think we played there in the very old Essex & Suffolk Border football league.

Now that is an awful long time ago.

Hope to see you posting .
George
Hi George, Wisbech is on the Cambs/Norfolk border. I married an Essex boy, are you as grumpy as him now you are older
Chris
chris57
New Member!
wisbech UK
chris57 is female 

25-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Hi & welcome Chris from a cat person who likes dogs too.
thanks for the welcome. I have a son who lives in tweedmouth. I also like cats but with 4 dogs it would be too risky
Chris
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by chris57 ->
thanks for the welcome. I have a son who lives in tweedmouth. I also like cats but with 4 dogs it would be too risky
Chris
Ive got 5 dogs and 3 cats and one of them is a nutty "Ragdoll" Tweedmouth I know it well
chris57
New Member!
wisbech UK
chris57 is female 

25-06-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Geordiegirl ->
Ive got 5 dogs and 3 cats and one of them is a nutty "Ragdoll" Tweedmouth I know it well
He was in the RAF up that way and met someone. They now have 3 kids, but we live in Cambridgeshire 300 miles away so don't see him that often
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-06-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by chris57 ->

Hi George, Wisbech is on the Cambs/Norfolk border. I married an Essex boy, are you as grumpy as him now you are older
Chris
Hi Chris,
I have been wracking my brain to remember when we played up there but it will not come.
I don't think they were in our league but probably were the Eastern Counties lot. It must have been a cup comp or something.

I suppose strictly speaking I was an Essex boy but I don't think we ever saw ourselves as that anymore than later being part of Newham.

A long time ago we were moved out to rural essex , I hated it and went back home.

I will admit to being grumpy though, more so now than back then. Mind you we had a decent team way back,

Shallow as well you see.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK

25-06-2011, 07:34 PM

Is there a Essex thing going on my husband was brought up in Essex, South Woodford (now part of London) he too can be on the grumpy side, he went to Parmiters School which i think isnt too far from Newham

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top