Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Re: Hi I'm new here

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Hola and welcome from a hot and sunny Southern Spain.

My wife has no children either (I have 3 from previous marriages) and much prefers dogs.
We have 3 rescue dogsl, one day I'll get around to posting some pics.
Anyway, stay awhile and have some fun.................
Hi I have a house in Spain too near Albunol and usually fly to Malaga and drive along the coast. I will be out in October for some late sunshine hopefully.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Hi I have a house in Spain too near Albunol and usually fly to Malaga and drive along the coast. I will be out in October for some late sunshine hopefully.
Wow! I had to Google that place, I had not heard of it. That is way of the main tourist route. that has to be a couple of hours from the airport.

The furthest we have ventured in that direction is a couple of overnight stays in Almunecar. We have driven back from Granada via Motril a couple of times. The countryside is really quite spectacular in that part of Andalucia.

We find that generally October is a very good month for weather, not too hot. Although there seems to be no pattern to the weather these days. The amount of rain we have seen over the past 2 winters has been unbelievable.
The Dog Lover
Watford

28-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Wow! I had to Google that place, I had not heard of it. That is way of the main tourist route. that has to be a couple of hours from the airport.

The furthest we have ventured in that direction is a couple of overnight stays in Almunecar. We have driven back from Granada via Motril a couple of times. The countryside is really quite spectacular in that part of Andalucia.

We find that generally October is a very good month for weather, not too hot. Although there seems to be no pattern to the weather these days. The amount of rain we have seen over the past 2 winters has been unbelievable.
Yes it takes about 2 hours as the motorway finishes just beyond Almunecar. It is real Spain off the tourist trail. At one time we were going to retire there but now I am trying to sell the house which is not easy given the Spanish economy. Still I have it as a holiday home for the time being. It is up in the hills but 5 mins from Albunol and about 7-8 mins from la Rabita on the coast. The many greenhouses have had a big impact on the area but it is still very pretty and unspoilt by tourism. There is a small ex pat Brit community but my nearerst neighbour is Danish !
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Ever thought of renting as a rural holiday retreat, that is now the up and coming thing in Spain.
The Dog Lover
Watford

28-07-2011, 04:33 PM

I would have to do a fair bit to it if I was to rent it out. It is with 2 estate agents though who would let me know if there was any interest for renting. The garden is in a bit of a state as it is not lived in. Just want to sell really but may be slow to move. Its quite hard with me on my own to get stuff done really.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 05:49 PM

A belated but warm welcome Dog Lover.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain

28-07-2011, 06:06 PM

I would have to do a fair bit to it if I was to rent it out. It is with 2 estate agents though who would let me know if there was any interest for renting. The garden is in a bit of a state as it is not lived in. Just want to sell really but may be slow to move. Its quite hard with me on my own to get stuff done really.
Trying to sell anything over her at the present time is a joke, places are selling but for ridiculously low figures.

Pity it isn't closer, I could probably have helped you out.

Anyway, best of luck, and hope you enjoy the forum, I've not been on here very long and they seem a friendly enough crowd.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 06:17 PM

As my name implies I love animals and especially dogs and have 2 rescue dogs, pointer cross sisters called Becky and Jess.
First, Welcome to OFF

Well, we have two dogs as well, one is a rescue in so far as she was rejected by her first owners and there was talk that she may have been PTS (Put to sleep) the breeder just happened to phone them and found out that they didn't have a clue and immediately agreed to take her back, she then came to us, that was eight years ago, both of them have given us so much.

I wish I had more time to log in here, if you want to talk to more Dog lovers you could do worse than register on Dogsey as well a forum also run by the same person, usually refered to here as "MoTU" (Loosely meaning Master of the Universe) 'cos he's pretty good with 'puters and things.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Hello, sorry to hear about your loss. Nice to meet you - hope you enjoy the forum.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top