Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 05:44 AM

Friday

Good Morning to you all, I'm typing this at 4.45 am and I hope you all had a good night's sleep last night, I didn't, I didn't sleep a wink, I'm going through my insommnia stage at the moment.

Have a nice day all of you.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 07:03 AM

Re: Friday

me to ,,,,,,,,,,
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 08:19 AM

Good morning Alicat, Doctor and everyone else of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6L2MyUy5hc

Rainy, windy, Dark and cold this morning with none of mother natures creatures welcoming the day, not that I blame them, the best place at the moment is to be tucked up somewhere warm and cosy.

Plans for today, visit to the vampire nurse, then a quick visit to the shops and lunch at home with the whole afternoon to myself as she who must be obeyed is off to a friends.

Have a great day everyone and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-GOgLS0DIU
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 10:34 AM

I have started waking up about 5 am and getting up for a cup of tea. Hope this stops soon as i am getting very tired.

Nice day here again very dry and slightly warmish.
Enjoy your weekend all
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Morning all, mild here in the Midlands @ 11deg.C. and we had our first glimpse of the sun yesterday for two weeks or more, with more to come today hopefully....

Busy day today including having the windscreen repaired, cleaning through the downstairs and lots of cooking, ready for a visit by Mrs PM's brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces and assorted waifs...

Have a great day all and stay well...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 11:46 AM

Good morning all. It was just 2 a.m. when I got up this morning as the wind was howling as bad as my stomach. Mother Nature insisted that I care of business along with stretching out my cramping calf muscle. It's a shaky start to a questionable day.

The powers to be are declaring our first snowfall will reach our valley Friday night into Saturday morning. The surrounding mountains have already gotten a few feet of snow on them as they will be opening up the ski resorts today, much earlier than usual. I'm prepared to hibernate for weeks if necessary. What a blessing not to half to go to work anymore.

I might do my McDonald's trip as it's only a mile from my house. It's raining & blowing but I might not melt away. LOL I'm looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving dinner early this year this Sunday. Micheline, my host, is a really good cook. On the actual holiday I'll probably repeat my trip to a local restaurant for their traditional meal. I did so last year and was really stuffed with good cooking.

Our protesters in Portland were marching in the streets again yesterday. There are similar protesters in cities across America. Everyone is tired of the elimination of our middle class due to banks and the greedy wealthy. I knew it was a mistake to bail out the banks during our recession and then watch them turn on the people and stick it to us. I'll let the younger generation get out there in the cold rain and scream & yell. I did my share of that 40 years ago.

Anyway, try and stay warm and happy wherever you are.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Good morning fellow members I am a bit late this morning having been out early to do the weekly shop.

It started off a beautiful morning but has now clouded over, I am not complaining though as it is mild and dry. Off baby sitting soon while the twins go swimming.

Commiserations to fellow insomniacs I go through phases of not sleeping but am having a good week so far.

Enjoy your day everyone
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 12:26 PM

Good morning everyone. Dry but a bit cloudy here today, although it is still mild. I bought a carpet shampooer yesterday and after coming back in from walking Bonnie, I have just had a bit of an experiment with it. I am now ashamed to say that what I got out of the carpet looks like sludge and I only did a small bit of it. My gadget does work though. I just need a bit of time when the grandchildren are not around so I can do the lot.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Good Morning Everyone!

Many thanks, Bob, for those links! I loved the Jimmy Durante one! He was priceless!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day!

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2011, 01:37 PM

Good afternoon all a few bright intervals here after earlier rain, continuing mild.

Have been shopping this morning so the cupboards are restocked once again with a few extra items for Christmas.

I also go through phases of not sleeping but I'm a lot better than I was. A few years ago I just about managed 2 -3 hours sleep night after night and I felt like a zombie the following day. It was so bad that it necessitated a visit to my doctor. I very rarely go to the doctor except in extreme cases and I knew I needed help. I was prescribed tablets and they are certainly helping me, I do get the odd night when I'm unable to sleep but I can cope with that.

Enjoy your day and weekend ahead all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top