Join for free
Page 18 of 505 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 09:05 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Right ON topic. Do you guys feel the least bit hopeful about the breakthrough they made here on the laboratory duplication of the virus?..I've already talked on 2 threads about the significance of this. (have a read back) This will be shared with the WHO and the world where China refuses to. It just may make a huge difference to when we get a vaccine for this scumbag of a thing. How about some optimism!..IT's good for you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 09:51 PM

It just goes to show how seriously it's being taken Keezoy, which is reassuring but a vaccine may come too late, it takes months at least to test it. According to reports one in four of those infected develop the severe respiratory illness which can then also affect the organs.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It just goes to show how seriously it's being taken Keezoy, which is reassuring but a vaccine may come too late, it takes months at least to test it. According to reports one in four of those infected develop the severe respiratory illness which can then also affect the organs.
All true Annie. I guess I'm just an incurable glass half full..ist?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
All true Annie. I guess I'm just an incurable glass half full..ist?
I'm sure it will be contained Keezoy. Then some will say it was a storm in a teacup but I see that as the success of everyone coming together when we have a disaster that affects us all. We have so many experts and sensible people on the planet and emergency processes in place that I'm sure it's ok to be optimistic. Can't help to worry though when nobody is sure how you catch it (breathing?)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 11:09 PM

Hi

It is a coronovirus.

We know a lot about them already.

We already know that it has a lower Mortality Rate than SARS, which was stopped.

We will find a treatment for it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-01-2020, 11:34 PM

I thought coronavirus was the name for the common cold?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2020, 11:49 PM

This is not supposed to be as serious or deadly as SARS and the other one M .... ? .... just said on BBC news . Caught by being around people coughing .... havn’t we had weeks of that coughing thing ...whatever it was.... tho since the beginning of November? Touching droplets . .... it’s going to everywhere in the air isn’t it ?

Talking of quarantine where are the people being flown back to the UK going to be put ?
keezoy
Australia

29-01-2020, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
This is not supposed to be as serious or deadly as SARS and the other one M .... ? .... just said on BBC news . Caught by being around people coughing .... havn’t we had weeks of that coughing thing ...whatever it was.... tho since the beginning of November? Touching droplets . .... it’s going to everywhere in the air isn’t it ?

Talking of quarantine where are the people being flown back to the UK going to be put ?

All I could find was a report from your Guardian saying that they will be kept in a "secure NHS quarantine facility". No mention of where. Probably understandable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-01-2020, 11:58 PM

I think it's meant to be less deadly than SARS but easier to contract. They say a doctor contracted it through his eyes and unlike SARS it can be contracted before people show symptoms. So that's why I find it scary and why people are so afraid. I'm not afraid for myself but for my elderly mum and SiL's mum as neither would survive it. A BFF's mum died of flu last year as she had leukaemia and her body could not fight it. You can be gone in days with something like this. So I hope they find out exactly how it's spread soon because it's not just coughing more like being in the same room.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->

Talking of quarantine where are the people being flown back to the UK going to be put
?

They are supposed to be flying back tomorrow.
The news says they will be put in a 'Military Base' for 14 days, but doesn't say where.

I believe a heard a mention of York? But I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/29/brits...eeks-12144987/

Page 18 of 505 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top