Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:22 AM

Re: Ignoring Coronavirus Advice

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I feel guilty being out as much as I am, but I have my mum to keep an eye on and I am also 'on call' for 3 women older than me who have worse health than I do and really do need to be in isolation. My mother has known them all for about 50+ years and thus they are close family friends. I don't see them all every day, just if they need something, but I just hope other people don't think I am ignoring the precautions out of bloody-mindedness.
I feel the same about visiting my dad but I am his carer, he needs me and he panicked when he thought I wouldn't be able to go. I'm taking careful steps to use ppe and dad is wiping down after I leave, I try avoid touching anything.

I was thinking this morning how carers in homes and carers who pay home visits are being supplied correct PPE, shouldn't carers who are taking care of parents or elderly relatives be in that category too?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:29 AM

I read the other day... If there was a mass murderer out on the streets and was killing everybody they met, you would stay indoors to be safe.
Yet coronavirus is a mass killer and many people still walk freely around and put themselves at risk to an invisible mass murderer.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read the other day... If there was a mass murderer out on the streets and was killing everybody they met, you would stay indoors to be safe.
Yet coronavirus is a mass killer and many people still walk freely around and put themselves at risk to an invisible mass murderer.
oh aye, look at it like that and that's exactly how it is. When the Yorkshire Ripper was about women used to stay home and not venture out at night.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

Yesterday we had idiots at Morrisons arguing with staff about one person at a time in and also standing and crowding at the cashpoints.
That is totally irresponsible!

Pet shops are still open, including Tropical Fish Shops.
Why should they not be? They are food shops and they are allowed to be open. Our animals need to be fed equally as much as we do. We, as pet owners, accept that responsibility when we acquire our pets.

I keep fish, no way I would go to a shop, you can order things online.
Time slots are at a premium - my poor cats would have starved to death by the time their food arrived. You are being very unreasonable here, swimmy.

It was not our pets that started this stupid virus.

What about people who have Guide dogs, Hearing dogs, and other service dogs? For some elderly in isolation their pets are the only things keeping them going. Are you suggesting they should see their furry helpers/companions starve?

Why are you making dogs seem like Public Enemy Number 1 at the moment?

We are still importing fish and corals from around the World.
To the best of my knowledge you cannot catch C19 from fish or coral. As long as the proper precautions are being taken where is the problem?

Swimmy - you should focus on keeping yourself and Guy safe and stop having a go at us pet owners! I am glad the shops are still open - and grateful to the staff that run them!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:46 AM

This clip on Trump’s coronavirus negative test, made me laugh....

https://youtu.be/EY5Jz7Bkyx8
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This clip on Trump’s coronavirus negative test, made me laugh....

https://youtu.be/EY5Jz7Bkyx8
Trump is a revolting man! But, yes, it was funny.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:00 PM

I feel guilty being out as much as I am, but I have my mum to keep an eye on and I am also 'on call' for 3 women older than me who have worse health than I do and really do need to be in isolation. My mother has known them all for about 50+ years and thus they are close family friends. I don't see them all every day, just if they need something, but I just hope other people don't think I am ignoring the precautions out of bloody-mindedness.
Tachyon what does keeping your eye on your mum mean precisely ?
Has she need of a carer for medical reasons for instance or she’s simply elderly ? Do you actually visit her home to check ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

30-03-2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I feel the same about visiting my dad but I am his carer, he needs me and he panicked when he thought I wouldn't be able to go. I'm taking careful steps to use ppe and dad is wiping down after I leave, I try avoid touching anything.

I was thinking this morning how carers in homes and carers who pay home visits are being supplied correct PPE, shouldn't carers who are taking care of parents or elderly relatives be in that category too?

Neither of you need feel guilty - you are lovely, caring people - the sort the world needs more of just now! As long as you are taking proper precautions for yourselves and those for whom you are caring - carry on!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

LQ asking same question here as I did Tachyon ,just to clarify what needing a carer ,being a carer means to different people and their circumstances .
Bobby Francis
California
Bobby Francis is male  Bobby Francis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
WE get the foreigners congrgating in groups round here .They must be thick as S-- what bit of not cogregating don"t they understand & don"t tell they cannot understand ,they can understand well enough with benefits or at surgury .I t makes me annoyed
Same here. Zero self awareness or sensitivity

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top