Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 02:58 PM

Terry Jones

Terry Jones has died aged 77. Loved the Monty Python series and the films.R.I.P.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 03:01 PM

Re: Terry Jones

A very talented man in his field , what a sad way to end his days unable to communicate
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 03:22 PM

Yes, that's a shame

I have been thinking of a couple of things recently -

I will be 70 this year, and I notice more and more when it is announced that people aged 72, 74, and now 77 have died; and sometimes younger than that, in their 60s

As the saying goes ' it concentrates the mind most wonderfully'

Monty Python is widely acclaimed

But considering the penetration and takeover of the BBC by the Lefty Liberal Remainers, Politically Correct, Snowflahes, Equality Types, Social Justice Warriors, Diversity Wallahs, Multiculturalists, and General Handwringers, (have I missed anyone out?) would a programme like Monty Python's Flying Circus be made today?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 03:22 PM

I'm sad to hear Terry Jones has died. He is at rest now which is a blessing I think and he will be missed I am sure. Nature seems so cruel sometimes taking such a vibrant and intelligent man this way. Such a devastating illness. Go in peace Terry Jones.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 03:38 PM

Sad, I loved Monty Python.
RIP Terry Jones.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 03:40 PM

Link below from BBC News for anyone who doesn't know a lot about the Monty Python star:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51209197

A sad end but after suffering dementia for four years possibly a kind release. This comment is made after seeing my father suffer in a similar way, an awful way to be for any time at all.

RIP Terry Jones
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 04:19 PM

Sad loss indeed.

All the Python's were very talented in their own right.

Graham Chapman left us first. Now Terry.

Monty Python was groundbreaking and is still just fantastically funny and zany.

Yet individually these people did all sorts of things.

Look at the work and successes of John Cleese

Look at Palin who has travelled extensively and is pretty much now a national treasure.

Look at Eric Idle. He's written the music for so many things.

and so on.

It's the ending of an era sadly.

Great British/Irish Comedy has lost so many of its best comedy actors and comedians.

Eric Morecambe
Ronnie Barker
Tommy Cooper
Dave Allen
Rick Mayall
Clive Dunn
Mel Smith
Ken Dodd
Victoria Wood

We still have the amazing David Jason
and James Bolam and others.

But that great age of comedy is passing from us and sadly isn't being replaced. The comedians we have today are nothing like these old masters and the programmes we see are mostly frivolous nonsense that relies on the shock factors of swearing or being ultra unPC. They all lack true comedy acting talent.

Such a shame
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 04:25 PM

A sad end, indeed, for a man of many talents ..... RIP
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 04:32 PM

Terribly bad news. Other than Monty Python of which he was the best by far he was also an academic in his own right.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sad loss indeed.

All the Python's were very talented in their own right.

Graham Chapman left us first. Now Terry.

Monty Python was groundbreaking and is still just fantastically funny and zany.

Yet individually these people did all sorts of things.

Look at the work and successes of John Cleese

Look at Palin who has travelled extensively and is pretty much now a national treasure.

Look at Eric Idle. He's written the music for so many things.

and so on.

It's the ending of an era sadly.

Great British/Irish Comedy has lost so many of its best comedy actors and comedians.

Eric Morecambe
Ronnie Barker
Tommy Cooper
Dave Allen
Rick Mayall
Clive Dunn
Mel Smith
Ken Dodd
Victoria Wood

We still have the amazing David Jason
and James Bolam and others.

But that great age of comedy is passing from us and sadly isn't being replaced. The comedians we have today are nothing like these old masters and the programmes we see are mostly frivolous nonsense that relies on the shock factors of swearing or being ultra unPC. They all lack true comedy acting talent.

Such a shame
Well said Realist.
Terry Jones was the founder member of Monty Python, an extremely clever, witty and funny show and the director of Life Of Brian, in which he played Brian's mum..............I think this is one of the funniest movies of all time, brilliantly directed by Terry Jones and so well acted out by all the Monty Python team, I laugh every time I watch it.
Rest In Peace Terry Jones....you will be sadly missed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top