Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 03:52 PM

What ever happened to Brexit?

I've been away for nearly a month and the only news I've heard has been in a foreign language, about things and people I'm unfamiliar with. This site was awash with B talk, but no longer. What ever happened to Brexit? The last UK news I remember hearing was Boris has won the GE, now, I know there's trouble in the Middle East, big fires in Aus and a new Labour leader is being sought, but all's suspiciously quiet on the B front.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 04:04 PM

Re: What ever happened to Brexit?

The Lib Dems are looking for another leader too because Jo Swinson lost her seat in the GE.

Parliament returns today so I expect Brexit will be back on the political agenda starting tomorrow. From what I've been reading there's already a shed-load of amendments been laid to change Brexit-related things.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
The Lib Dems are looking for another leader too because Jo Swinson lost her seat in the GE.

Parliament returns today so I expect Brexit will be back on the political agenda starting tomorrow. From what I've been reading there's already a shed-load of amendments been laid to change Brexit-related things.
OMG ...

Is it ever going to happen?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 04:19 PM

From what I can gather, it sure is going to happen, but, because of the new found majority, the "Goalposts" are being hastily moved about.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
From what I can gather, it sure is going to happen, but, because of the new found majority, the "Goalposts" are being hastily moved about.
Yeah, by the EU mainly. They really are desperate to keep us at least ½ in so they can keep taking our money from us.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 04:38 PM

I think it's more inhouse wrangling, social charter based.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 06:51 PM

The Brexit Bill will return for committee stage tomorrow (Tuesday) and it set to complete all Commons stages by Thursday.
It should go to the Lords on Monday where there should be little opposition because traditionally the Lords do not oppose a Manifesto commitment .

We are on our way ...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The new found majority is likely to evaporate at the first sign of
a no deal brexit Spitty!
We will be back on the merry go round again, mark my words?
Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've been away for nearly a month and the only news I've heard has been in a foreign language, about things and people I'm unfamiliar with. This site was awash with B talk, but no longer. What ever happened to Brexit? The last UK news I remember hearing was Boris has won the GE, now, I know there's trouble in the Middle East, big fires in Aus and a new Labour leader is being sought, but all's suspiciously quiet on the B front.
I have the same suspiciions DooD, much too quiet??
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I have the same suspiciions DooD, much too quiet??
Donkeyman!
Von der leyen is visiting boris tomorrow. She's a woman, so boris being boris will make his move.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top