Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 02:11 PM

I aint got much BUT?

I was wondering if there is some one out there who might be able to advise me?
I presently bank with Lloyds and have one of their ISA accounts. On the scale of things I am talking a very small amount.
From what I understand Lloyds are to offer shares to investors when it returns to the private sector. Whilst the number of shares I could afford is likely to be extremely limited. Could anyone advise me as to investing in a share or two being a good idea considering my limited circumstances?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 02:20 PM

Re: I aint got much BUT?

I offer no advice and what I say forms no contract.

The shares may be discounted-that will affect the overall share price I think.

If you hold them for a year I believe additional shares will be given.

So if you think they will gain in the next 5 years and you can afford it?

Suffice to say that given the chance I will be investing.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 02:23 PM

Thanks OG. No contract inferred or expected.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 02:50 PM

I've recently taken some of my savings out of a low interest ISA and put it into a 123 current account with Santander where it earns 2.8% AFTER tax.....much better.
Davenorave
Wales

30-04-2015, 02:59 PM

Thanks Alan.
I truly don't have much to play with, so is it advisable to wait for Lloyds share. (As previously stated. No commitment on your behalf)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 03:05 PM

Hang on chaps-we are not talking about the same thing. One is a high interest bank account,the other is about a medium/long term investment
Davenorave
Wales

30-04-2015, 03:12 PM

OG. I am as confused by financial matters as a bucketful of frogs. I do not have enough to be investing all over the hockey. I would like to stick to my original ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 03:25 PM

As you get older it makes less sense to invest in the stock market because stocks and shares is generally a long term thing. But there can be money to be made in government sell offs. When Maggie was selling off the nations silver I turned £3,000 into £5000 and in the recent Royal Mail sell off I turned £250 into £450 in one day. There's always an element of risk in investing in the stock market so only do so if you can afford to lose money.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

30-04-2015, 05:28 PM

And as one gets older one starts to think `it`s about time I made a few quid`

I will go for Lloyds if they are on offer.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

30-04-2015, 05:40 PM

If it looks like a give-away like the Royal Mail I too will go for them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top