Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Re: That dog again

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
LOL! He certainly looks well 'polished'! He is a very handsome dog, Besoeker.
Thank you, ST. He is just an all round good dog and we do our best to look after him.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:33 PM

More Max.

In another thread, I commented on Jack and Jill wearing PJs when walking their dog. A little Pug. It wasn't very well behaved and not obedient. It would run around Max biting his tail and just generally aggravating him. Or trying to. Max is Max.

More than once they, Jack an Jill, were on their way home but little pug wasn't having it. So, I got Max to walk him to their door. The little fellow hung in there with his big buddy.

We have since moved and now we walk with little Ozzie who sometimes gets into it with other dogs. Max just steps between them like a referee in a boxing match. Problem resolved.

I can't explain how or why Max has this lovely temperament when we meet and greet other dogs and people when we are out and about. No barking, no growling and just ambles along beside me, no lead. Sees a cat and tell him to leave it. He does.

A lovely fellow but not without his foibles.

He has taken to trying to chase vehicles, particularly vans.
At home he barks loudly when he wants food or attention. He slaps the back door when he wants out. And again when he wants in.

And pats my bed when he wants me up in the morning. But then he lies down by the shower when I'm in, then flops down on the bedroom floor while I get my kit on.

Waits by my desk while I have my morning cuppa. Sits down by the front door to get his lead on. Then we are off for the morning trip.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
More Max.

In another thread, I commented on Jack and Jill wearing PJs when walking their dog. A little Pug. It wasn't very well behaved and not obedient. It would run around Max biting his tail and just generally aggravating him. Or trying to. Max is Max.

More than once they, Jack an Jill, were on their way home but little pug wasn't having it. So, I got Max to walk him to their door. The little fellow hung in there with his big buddy.

We have since moved and now we walk with little Ozzie who sometimes gets into it with other dogs. Max just steps between them like a referee in a boxing match. Problem resolved.

I can't explain how or why Max has this lovely temperament when we meet and greet other dogs and people when we are out and about. No barking, no growling and just ambles along beside me, no lead. Sees a cat and tell him to leave it. He does.

A lovely fellow but not without his foibles.

He has taken to trying to chase vehicles, particularly vans.
At home he barks loudly when he wants food or attention. He slaps the back door when he wants out. And again when he wants in.

And pats my bed when he wants me up in the morning. But then he lies down by the shower when I'm in, then flops down on the bedroom floor while I get my kit on.

Waits by my desk while I have my morning cuppa. Sits down by the front door to get his lead on. Then we are off for the morning trip.
Lovely read.

Talking of slaps made me think of our Kodi, if I'm eating he'l sit looking at me making me feel guilty and when I don't take any notice he hits me with his paw like jabbing me a few times.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 09:25 AM

He sounds such lovely dog Beso and what a companion. I coming to the conclusion animals are much better pals than people ....I think Max proves that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

04-12-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
He sounds such lovely dog Beso and what a companion. I coming to the conclusion animals are much better pals than people ....I think Max proves that.
Thank you for the kind comments about Max. I'm sure that at least some of their dog behaviour results from how they are treated and cared for.

I'm sure I have posted this image before:

The dog I had growing up on the farm in Scotland. Rip we called him. Well behaved, friendly, and biddable. Much like Max.

One evening, we visited friends who had his brother - twin I suppose since they were from the same litter. I was relaxing in an armchair with the brother lying beside me. I reached over to stroke him as I would with Rip. The bl00dy beast bit me!

Apologies of this is a repeat here.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

26-12-2019, 04:26 PM

A little update on that dog and I.
I had a hospital stay, released on Christmas Eve but had to go back on Christmas day for tests. Results OK.

We, my dear wife and I walk our dog and little Ozzie for a neighbour. While I am in hospital, my dear wife walks both of them but not together - too much for her - so each walk becomes two trips.

Today, I walked both of them at the same time by myself. Can't be too bad I thought. I walked up to the owner's house, let Max off the lead and told him to wait outside the gate while I went in to get little Ozzie. Then off we went on our walk. Ozzie on the lead, Max strolling along comfortably beside us. I left him lying patiently outside the front gate while I took Ozzie round to his back garden and chatted to his owner.

I am one very lucky dog owner. The rescue centre where we got him say he is lucky to have us. Two way street, I guess.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

13-01-2020, 09:20 PM

Today .............
Max is Max. Big, gentle fluffy gentle giant..And sticks to me like glue. Even the shower. He guards the door.

We walk little Ozzie as usual. He can be a bit gruff at times with other dogs. Max steps in there when needed. He is protective of his little pal.

Ozzie is a pooing machine. My dear wife walks to the poo bin which is on a busy street. I hang on to Oz. He pulls like a pack of wild horses.

"Max, wait"
He just does.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2020, 11:28 PM

That is a great photo of a very happy dog!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

14-01-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That is a great photo of a very happy dog!
Thank you, ST.
Max the Max.
He was a very shy and timid fellow when we first got him from the rescue centre.

It's now five years in and, clearly, he is very much at ease with us.
We got lucky. The rescue centre says he got lucky.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

16-02-2020, 07:25 PM

A little update. We have grand girls for a few days. The elder walks little Ozzie. Max is Max and can be a bit loud at home. The grand girl has his measure now. "Max, shut up!"
He does. Makes me smile....

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top