Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Ship wrecked sheep

These poor animals .
I can’t but think that the dead ones are the lucky ones.
At least they will be spared the hell of a Saudi slaughterhouse.

Or being butchered by someone who has brought them home in his car boot .

The EU condones the live meat trade to SA it’s horrendous .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...heep-ship.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Re: Ship wrecked sheep

Shocking, really shocking, Muddy.

I am sick to death of how so many harmless, innocent animals are treated by humans.
Why should they be made to suffer such appalling cruelty, it's inhuman.

The sooner they make it illegal to transport live animals for slaughter the better.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
shocking, really shocking, muddy.

I am sick to death of how so many harmless, innocent animals are treated by humans.
Why should they be made to suffer such appalling cruelty, it's inhuman.

The sooner they make it illegal to transport live animals for slaughter the better.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:51 PM

A most horrific disaster.
According to information about 80 rescued sheep were stolen off the quay last night, dumped into trucks and stolen by the Arabian owner.
So the Romanian rescuers are flogging themselves to death( still rescuing those they can find) and then they are being stolen by the former owner who abandoned ship.
That report has been given twice, but nothing official.

Time to stop live exports of meat. They way these animals are moved around, they could have come from Wales. The live trade end up in all sorts of countries travelling days on end and once they are received in one country they go onto another and another.

Boris has said he will do something about the live meat trade from this country. As it is now, EU call the shots. So if for no other reason, Boris gets my vote.
Obviously the live meat trade in sheep is ideal for the way slaughter is administered in Muslim countries.
Let them f.. off and grow their own.. Really, really angry !!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:17 PM

...and then there is this in our own country. Sheep stabbed and painted with occult symbols ! My Lord, only a matter or time before human sacrifices return. IMO.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/sheep-sta...occult-symbols
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
...and then there is this in our own country. Sheep stabbed and painted with occult symbols ! My Lord, only a matter or time before human sacrifices return. IMO.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/sheep-sta...occult-symbols

I read the other day of a foal found disembowled somewhere in Kent. I wish I'd have kept the article to show you now.
Wonder where it's mother was?

They were blaming this foals death on a wild cat, but makes you wonder now, doesn't it.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

28-11-2019, 12:36 PM

Some horrible things happening Mups. It is time to question the reasons for such abnormal behaviour.

If anyone is interested there have been 228 rescues of these sheep to date, (out of 14,000 !) They are still searching for life and access to different chambers. Hard to breath because of the ammonia that is for any sheep that maybe still alive.
The rescued sheep are going to a Government enclosure to recover and will not be slaughtered.

Protests are now raising profile.

There is a live export this Friday 29 th November of unweaned tiny Scottish calves to illegal veal crates in Spain. It can take 12.45 hours journey just to Ramsgate, Kent, then a 5 hour sea journey then onwards to spend the rest of their sad, short lives alone until a brutal death. Protesters meet at the Royal Harbour Approach roundabout from 5 pm. Everyone welcome.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-11-2019, 04:19 PM

Some horrible things happening Mups. It is time to question the reasons for such abnormal behaviour.

If anyone is interested there have been 228 rescues of these sheep to date, (out of 14,000 !) They are still searching for life and access to different chambers. Hard to breath because of the ammonia that is for any sheep that maybe still alive.
The rescued sheep are going to a Government enclosure to recover and will not be slaughtered.

Protests are now raising profile.

There is a live export this Friday 29 th November of unweaned tiny Scottish calves to illegal veal crates in Spain. It can take 12.45 hours journey just to Ramsgate, Kent, then a 5 hour sea journey then onwards to spend the rest of their sad, short lives alone until a brutal death. Protesters meet at the Royal Harbour Approach roundabout from 5 pm. Everyone welcome.

I must admit I thought Veal crates had been banned for years, Puddles. However, upon googling I found out they are still allowed in some countries.

Compassion in World Farming say:

" *Calf exports from Great Britain are currently suspended to the Netherlands due to an industry-led import ban on British calves. This is due to fears over bovine TB. In 2015, for the first time in years, there were no calf exports from Great Britain. However, this could change and thousands of calves from Northern Ireland are still exported each year."

Their website is interesting:

https://www.ciwf.org.uk/farm-animals/cows/veal-calves/
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

28-11-2019, 11:42 PM

Thanks for that Mups. Clearly there are more stringent laws in place now, but once these calves leave the UK they can be taken anywhere, as are the lambs . They don't have to stay within the confines of the EU. Passaged on to one country after another.

It's truly heart breaking, and to think that all these beautiful babies are reared for our dinner tables.. it goes very deep with me. The fear, the trauma, the stress they must suffer is beyond what we never have to experience .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-11-2019, 12:06 AM

Thanks for that Mups. Clearly there are more stringent laws in place now, but once these calves leave the UK they can be taken anywhere, as are the lambs . They don't have to stay within the confines of the EU. Passaged on to one country after another.

It's truly heart breaking, and to think that all these beautiful babies are reared for our dinner tables.. it goes very deep with me. The fear, the trauma, the stress they must suffer is beyond what we never have to experience .

An Osteopath I knew years ago firmly believed that the fear animals feel at slaughter, sends stress hormones into their blood. I believe this to be perfectly reasonable.

He said this 'infected' blood gets into the meat.
We then eat that 'infected' meat which was laden with fear and stress.

He believed that is a contributary factor to the fighting need some humans feel, and to other health problems too.

Just his opinion of course, but I have always remembered that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top