Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Bird brain (wave)

When I moved house, my bird feeding station thing lost two of the mesh dishes.
I had one square one for ground feeders so I fixed that onto it with cable ties.
Trying to find one to fit the other hoop was difficult as it seems most were too big and quite expensive. I tried plant pot trays to put water in but, they didn't fit either.
I was about to give in and buy one that I would have to adapt somehow as the nearest size had connector bits to fit around the pole (mine won't come apart).

Brainwave! Hold onto something solid! This is genius!

I have a metal sieve, which I don't use, it's hard to clean.
It almost fit, with the help of more cable ties I fixed it onto the hoop.
The birds prefer it to the other dish as it has a built in perch (handle) , also the rain drains through!

I can tell you're impressed!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 11:14 AM

Re: Bird brain (wave)

I am Tess, seriously impressed.

By gum, this girl's a genius.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Good thinking Tessa. It's nice when we come up with ideas that work perfectly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 04:46 PM

I’m very impressed Tess, well done!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 04:56 PM

Thank you fans!
Btw, Lidl have those bird feeders inside cages for the little birds, big ones can't get in. I think they're £4.99. I got one to stop the crows and pigeons eating all the fatballs. They have peanut and seed ones too.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 10:18 PM

Sure I always knew you were a genius Twiz, just be careful you don’t have an attack on your hands if the birds fly off the handle... Hitchcock style.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

21-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Thanks Jem!
Don't worry my cats will protect me from birds with evil intent.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When I moved house, my bird feeding station thing lost two of the mesh dishes.
I had one square one for ground feeders so I fixed that onto it with cable ties.
Trying to find one to fit the other hoop was difficult as it seems most were too big and quite expensive. I tried plant pot trays to put water in but, they didn't fit either.
I was about to give in and buy one that I would have to adapt somehow as the nearest size had connector bits to fit around the pole (mine won't come apart).

Brainwave! Hold onto something solid! This is genius!

I have a metal sieve, which I don't use, it's hard to clean.
It almost fit, with the help of more cable ties I fixed it onto the hoop.
The birds prefer it to the other dish as it has a built in perch (handle) , also the rain drains through!

I can tell you're impressed!
What a brilliant idea, TessA, you are inventive!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 12:23 PM

Clever you, may even try that myself as one of my saucers got cracked in heavy frost a while ago, had to chuck it incase any birds got hurt.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 03:30 AM

The trouble with ground feeding is that the rats love it too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top