Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 01:07 PM

Australian Fires, is there a way to help the animals.?

I've seen a few links on FB for sending supplies, hand made items to help injured and distressed animals in Australia. I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas of the best way to help or who to contact? I'll put some links I've found later when I get my laptop out.
Any ideas would be appreciated, perhaps our Australian members know who best to donate to.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 01:38 PM

Re: Australian Fires, is there a way to help the animals.?

Hi TessA.

I live in Sydney and our New South Wales wildlife rescue services is called
WIRES. It operates all over the state and it's the one I donate to. Other states have their own organisations. The WIRES website is below. If you want to donate you can go direct to it if you want. On behalf of our wildlife I thank you for your kindness.

https://www.wires.org.au/
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 01:40 PM

WIRES wildlife emergency fund.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 02:26 PM

There are many good and brave people in Australia out there rescuing wildlife too .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 02:33 PM

A good thread Tessa. I can't imagine how many animals have perished so far. Perhaps our government would consider donating a few pence out of our multi-Billon pound African leaders' new car fund.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 03:05 PM

Thanks Keezoy! That's one I've seen, glad you confirmed it's official. (You have to be careful on Social Media)
I will donate to them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 03:21 PM

A great thread Tess, like many others I feel helpless here and would love to do something to help.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've seen a few links on FB for sending supplies, hand made items to help injured and distressed animals in Australia. I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas of the best way to help or who to contact? I'll put some links I've found later when I get my laptop out.
Any ideas would be appreciated, perhaps our Australian members know who best to donate to.
Great thread, TessA.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Hi TessA

I live in Sydney and our New South Wales wildlife rescue services is called
WIRES. It operates all over the state and it's the one I donate to. Other states have their own organisations. The WIRES website is below. If you want to donate you can go direct to it if you want. On behalf of our wildlife I thank you for your kindness.

https://www.wires.org.au/
Thanks for the website, Keezoy - donation on it's way.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 04:18 PM

Go Fund Me.. another way to donate to the tragedy. They take Paypal , which I find easier .

If you want to donate big or small every bit counts to helping out all the injured wildlife. The shelter is currently inundated with burnt and homeless wildlife but they are doing there best to help them all. Donations to there bank can be made directly at :

SA John's Mallacoota wildlife shelter
COMM BANK
BSB 062649
ACC 10126146

OR

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mallacoot...AVexbu4upIsgkA
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 04:24 PM

...and this. More for animals and wildlife .

RSPCA New South Wales.

https://www.rspcansw.org.au/bushfire-appeal/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top