Join for free
Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 03:54 PM

Re: Leavers and Remainers, A Call For Unity?

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Remember a few years ago ( don’t quote me as I can’t be bothered to google facts ) as I remember it a known black bad guy was stopped then he went for a pistol in his car and the police shot him ... fair enough , was his call and he made it ... obviously the wrong call and he ended up dead but it was his call !
Afterwards ( although obviously at the time the police knew exactly who he was /history ) the press then reported on him and an angel he wasn’t .... but suddenly blacks started rioting everywhere , Birmingham , Croydon , Manchester all spring to mind although the more cynical amongst us called it that they were late night shopping since most riots were held outside PC WORLD and most rioters went home with a 50inch. HD TV ... but you get the picture , under the name of because he was black they rioted ....

Well that was one hardboy badlad stopping a bullet ... quite how 17million pissed off voters will react if brexit is stopped is anyone’s guess but I imagine it would be a sight to behold should it ever happen
I look forward to seeing reports on the TV news in the not-too-distant future.

Oh, but BBC News and Sky News will probably want to keep it quiet, they being pro-EU. Perhaps RT, then?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I look forward to seeing reports on the TV news in the not-too-distant future.

Oh, but BBC News and Sky News will probably want to keep it quiet, they being pro-EU. Perhaps RT, then?
The repeated intimation of civil unrest and civil war for the hardline Brexiteers on this forum and the fear of a second referendum has made me wonder there their allegiances lie. why would you look to RT to report such things? Perhaps you’re all Russian Sock Puppets supporting Putins aim to destabilise Europe. You are certainly singing the same song
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
The repeated intimation of civil unrest and civil war for the hardline Brexiteers on this forum and the fear of a second referendum has made me wonder there their allegiances lie. why would you look to RT to report such things? Perhaps you’re all Russian Sock Puppets supporting Putins aim to destabilise Europe. You are certainly singing the same song
The BBC is biased in favour of the EU; Sky News perhaps less so, but still in favour of our continued membership of the EU.

RT has no bias in this respect.

I think it's quite clear, though, whose sock puppet you are... if you'll forgive me for saying so.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 09:57 PM

And you're singing the same old carp we're all tired of.....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:13 PM

The BBC is biased in favour of the EU; Sky News perhaps less so, but still in favour of our continued membership of the EU.

I think it's quite clear, though, whose sock puppet you are... if you'll forgive me for saying so.
RT has an anti-EU, anti US anti West in general bias. It's a Russian news station that is very pro-Russia.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:30 PM

I'd love to know any other election in a western country that was won by one side and ignored that wouldn't end in protest ? The one thing we always have had is the winner respected and people accept it. This is unprecedented so why wouldn't we wonder if it could end badly ? No one wants violence but I really can understand why some might take to the streets.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
And you're singing the same old carp we're all tired of.....
Threats of civil unrest or war are your (ardent remainers) tune, how can you be tired of it but judging by your reaction My synopsis might be close to the mark
Banchory
Kent

20-01-2019, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd love to know any other election in a western country that was won by one side and ignored that wouldn't end in protest ? The one thing we always have had is the winner respected and people accept it. This is unprecedented so why wouldn't we wonder if it could end badly ? No one wants violence but I really can understand why some might take to the streets.
If violence is condoned or even tolerated then mob rule wins and there are no winners.

It wasn’t an election it was an advisory referendum and that is the root cause of the limbo we now find ourselves in.

While I personally think that parliament should decide it may be that only a legally binding second referendum would resolve matters if indeed they are resolvable
Banchory
Kent

20-01-2019, 11:58 PM

The mere fact that you think RT has no bias adds weight to my suspicions.

Yes you are right I am my wife’s sock puppet. I was fairly ambivalent to Brexit until the time she was subjected to appalling abuse by Brexiteers just because she’s German.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:21 AM

If violence is condoned or even tolerated then mob rule wins and there are no winners.

It wasn’t an election it was an advisory referendum and that is the root cause of the limbo we now find ourselves in.

While I personally think that parliament should decide it may be that only a legally binding second referendum would resolve matters if indeed they are resolvable
The only mob rule at the moment is the establishment, encouraged by the likes of you who can't accept a democratic vote result.

Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top