Join for free
Page 3 of 1010 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 03:54 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

I like the Chicken Cacciatora recipe - particularly the Chianti!

We're having Poulet Basquaise tonight, with plain rice. I'll put up the recipe sometime - easy, very tasty and great to batch cook and freeze for later
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Won ton soup, salad and a roll. Not your restaurant little bowl with one won ton, a large bowl with six and scallions.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Anyone like a cold pasta salad recipe for days when it's hot and you just want something light?
Yes

We had Jacket potato with Salad, cheese and beans tonight Not because it was too hot though, because I was too lazy to cook LOL I do like a good salad x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lou ->
Yes

We had Jacket potato with Salad, cheese and beans tonight Not because it was too hot though, because I was too lazy to cook LOL I do like a good salad x
This is a recipe for 6. I quarter it for myself.

6 oz tubetti (also known as ditalini)
20 oz can white kidney beans ( I use dried ones with the overnight soak and cook)1 cup mixed green and red peppers
1/4 cup cilantro (stems removed)
about 1 doz cherry tomatoes (more if desired)
1/2 cup virgin olive oil
4 tbsps balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta, drain well and mix with 1 tbsp of olive oil to prevent sticking. Add vegetables and toss.

Shake the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together, pour over vegetable mixture and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate to chill.

I sometimes add some fresh basil leaves also

Good with some crusty rolls and a glass of white wine .......
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 01:11 PM

All Bran for my lunch today, not that I normally eat much at Lunchtime either, but just fancied some
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 02:29 PM

My daughter and sister-in-law came to lunch and brought fish and chips with them, mmmmmmmm
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Fruit and cheese for lunch, that cold pasta dish I posted above at dinner, plus some kettle chips!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 05:00 PM

mmmmmmm fish and chips Nippy! Glorious - not something we do that often (cost and not all that good when you're on a diet!) but they are very yummy when we do.

Last night we had home made pizza - OH had made the sauce whilst I was at the gym but we used bought bases. Have to say that they were much nicer than ready made bought pizza - but again, not something to have very often, mainly because of the cheese.

Of course, there's sauce left over, so that's going in a spag bol!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-08-2009, 09:32 PM

I use the bought bases and modify the sauce to my own taste. Far better than the frozen ones or delivery! But still can't compare to a real pizza in a real Italian pizzeria with a wood fired oven ......

Forgot to say re that cold pasta salad recipe I posted above, that you can add cold ham, chicken or shrimp to make it more filling, everyone's probably already thought of that. I rarely have any of those leftovers now, as my picky cat who used to dislike what she called "people food" has mellowed with age and now likes them! She still draws the line at swordfish or cheddar, however ...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 09:33 PM

My friend called for lunch so we had tuna with mayo and sweetcorn sandwiches with some side salad-for my tea tonight I had jacket potatoe with chilli and salad followed by nice cup of tea and biscuits. Tomorrow-Friday-don't know what I'm having for lunch but am definitely having fish, chips and mushy peas with buttered barmcake from the chippy-make a real pig of myself on a Friday!

Page 3 of 1010 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 503 1003 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top