Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 02:08 PM

Greece !

Have just watched the BBC news on a friends TV - and are they mad or what?

Firstly they say if you are going to Greece for your holiday - forget credit/debit cards and travellers cheques - take your holiday money in cash - in euros.

Then they warn you that 'obvious' holiday makers with bags of cash are likely to be targets for muggers!

My opinion - go somewhere else for your hols!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Re: Greece !

What a nightmare for the people who live in Greece , I dont know how the country got to this state of affairs but they need all the input they can get money wise ..
I would think a holiday there could be got cheap and value for money , but carry money around would be a problem ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 02:20 PM

Its a nightmare situation for the people - I bet they wish they had never joined the bloomin Euro
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 02:50 PM

It's terrible and not holidaying there can only add to their problems. Is it time to forgive everyone's debts ? everyone seems to owe someone and it's crippling some countries.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

06-07-2015, 03:09 PM

Such a shame we have to take such considerations. I feel so lucky to have Greek Island hopped as a youth. I think if I were taking a gap "summer" now (I should be so lucky!), it would be a great time to island hop. Hell's teeth; those were the days, Rhodes, Santorini, Crete, yada yada, now would surely be a profound time to help those struggling to eke out a living on many of those stunning islands? Mmm the sun, the Retsina and those island sun sets...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 03:21 PM

The holidaymaker problems are really for the people that have prebooked and prepaid, at least everyone else has more of a choice as whether to go there or not.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 03:25 PM

I know someone who is going to a Greek island to get married in a few weeks time and taking half the family .

They were going to Portugal and only changed the venue recently because they heard it would cost less in Greece.
Glad I am not invited, I couldn't do with the hassle. ...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 03:35 PM

I've never been to Greece, but I was thinking it would be a good place to go as you would probably get good bargains. There has been some reporting that there are no cash limits on foreign (non-Greek) card withdrawls.
Anyway, I'm sorted for this year, but maybe another time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Apparently the richest Greeks have been getting away with not paying tax for years! Time for them to stump up methinks!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 04:20 PM

some are trying to leave Greece and live elsewhere!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top