Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 12:07 PM

Re: TripAdvisor

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
You can usually tell when this is a deliberate ploy because all the rave reviews will probably be the only review ever posted by the individuals concerned. I am unlikely to take any notice of any review where the reviewer has only posted one review.
Ania we checked all that including the previous reviews by people , very odd..
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 03:52 PM

While on holiday in Guernsey we went into a cafe for a glass of fresh orange and a sandwich. The food was terrible and it was a tiny glass of orange but they charged us £20 for it. When I got back home I went on trip advisor to give it a bad review only to find everyone else had given it 5 stars and it was rated no1 in St Peter Port ! I have given numerous reviews on Trip Advisor and am always honest but I suspect that not all the reviews are genuine.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 04:52 PM

Id rather just go by experience of the places I visit firsthand.
Ive had recommendations of pubs and restaraunts before and ive almost always found them to be wrong ,(for my taste and opinion anyway)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
While on holiday in Guernsey we went into a cafe for a glass of fresh orange and a sandwich. The food was terrible and it was a tiny glass of orange but they charged us £20 for it. When I got back home I went on trip advisor to give it a bad review only to find everyone else had given it 5 stars and it was rated no1 in St Peter Port ! I have given numerous reviews on Trip Advisor and am always honest but I suspect that not all the reviews are genuine.
Alan, I'd be picking myself up from the floor were I not reclining in my chair! What else did you get for that £20?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Id rather just go by experience of the places I visit firsthand.
Ive had recommendations of pubs and restaraunts before and ive almost always found them to be wrong ,(for my taste and opinion anyway)
Tripadvisor has its uses if you use it sensibly. I tend to look at the three and four star reviews rather than the rave reviews or dismal ones. But I also look at the reviewers to see whether their travel experience is similar to mine. People will always have different expectations, so it has to be put in perspective.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Do you check with TripAdvisor before booking a Hotel or trip?

That was hilarious solo, loved it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top