Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 08:23 AM

Re: Cling Film Luggage

I've started to see this more often at airports so I googled it and apparently it's most common in countries like Africa and South america where drug smuggling is a problem and yes, the customs can ask to open the case but apparently that doesn't often happen with the more sophisticated X-ray machines now. Interesting.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 08:40 AM

Hi

I travelled extensively, soon got fed up with things disappearing, so hard shell luggage for me, with tape on the locks.

The thieves will always look for an easy target.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2015, 02:14 PM

I thread a cable tie through the little padlocks. It's easy to snip off when you arrive, and you can immediately see if it's been tampered with. Simple.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I thread a cable tie through the little padlocks. It's easy to snip off when you arrive, and you can immediately see if it's been tampered with. Simple.

Anyone who has used an expanding soft fabric suitcase knows that at one time or another the zip has jammed..and no matter how hard you try ..it stays jammed.

What amazes me is just how easy it appears that these zips seem to work for thieves!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top