Join for free
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 03:29 PM

Packing for Holdays

I like this video clip as she just chucks things in and gives some great tips

Do you have any other tips to pass on ?

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 03:43 PM

Re: Packing for Holdays

I think over the years of travelling we have all learnt these travel saving tips. I liked the bit about putting bigger stuff in your partners case though, classic.

We usually take one suitcase and I have a smaller case where I put shoes, toiletries, leads and the like, I have this one as it is lighter.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 04:10 PM

We always cruise from Southampton (hubby won't fly), so we have no limit on how much we take!

On a two-week cruise we normally take five cases between us, plus a small flight bag each to carry on with money, tickets, cameras, phones etc.

Kitchen sink, anyone?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
We always cruise from Southampton (hubby won't fly), so we have no limit on how much we take!

On a two-week cruise we normally take five cases between us, plus a small flight bag each to carry on with money, tickets, cameras, phones etc.

Kitchen sink, anyone?
No I just go with the minimum and pop in and get what I need.

jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 05:06 AM

We travel a lot and do long haul flights from Australia as well as interstate trips and cruises. We're going on a week's cruise next Saturday and I just cannot imagine carrying five suitcases AND hand luggage. What on earth do you take?

Even for two months in the UK we take one medium suitcase each and NO hand luggage except a small backpack. My motto is travel light and buy anything you desperately need. If you can afford to travel you can probably afford to buy a couple of items of clothing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 05:32 AM

Hi

My most essential bit of kit is some weigh scales, Budget Airlines charge a fortune if you are overweight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 09:41 AM

We have always camped or had caravans and campervans so we have literally taken the kitchen sink with us. Once the static van is set up at beginning of the season for a weekend my luggage is just a change of underwear and medications. A week away one small case is enough and two weeks I have a the same small case and a packet of hand washing powder and just do a wash mid holiday.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My most essential bit of kit is some weigh scales, Budget Airlines charge a fortune if you are overweight.
How about when you are going fishing?

http://www.sportquestholidays.com/bc...-overview.html

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top