Join for free
Page 187 of 370 « First < 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Oh it wasn't an op, just something he did in the consulting room, and all in all I just got three needles in the knee joints. Very trivial procedure, really, all things considered. What with the 30ml of painkillers and steroids he injected I feel great at present. They need to sort out what's going on with the knees prior to me getting any surgery.

Heading to gym shortly - I can't wait!!! I'll take it easy though.
All well and good mate, have a good session at the gym.
Perhaps you can post today's routine later on?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Suzie - those little turtles are so sweet Nice to see you looked after them and hopefully they will be safe away from any birds.

Bob - Have a fantastic time tomorrow. My best wishes to your daughter and groom. I know you'll all have a wonderful day and night Also, have a lovely time in Guernsey too. It's a great place isn't it? Don't worry too much about the running, though I expect you already know whereabouts you're heading in that area. Enjoy bud!

My extended, intensive Friday session is taking place this afternoon. I'll report back after my hammering
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Beautiful day here after a rainy patch, off to surf, run, and report and respond to all later

With just a few minutes to spare, I just wanted to pop in to wish the father of the bride a wonderful few days. I hope you create many happy memories together as you expand your little family. Best of wishes for the bride and congratulations to the groom whom I am sure will be all more fortunate for joining the Fox family!

Oh, and 105 little hatchlings made it to the gulf .

Cheers!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Perhaps you can post today's routine later on?
I don't have one as such, mostly due to having to use whatever machine is free at the time. The little gym I use because it involves less walking to get to only has maybe 20 machines, half of which are bikes, treadmills, and steppers. I don't use those. Out of the others, 2 are machines which are too much for my knees so I get to use around 8 that are left.

These are often occupied so I just jump onto whatever is free at the time. I just make sure I have a nice little sweat on and that I can feel the lungs working nicely. I keep that up for a couple of hours. I hope to get to the "big gym" tomorrow and see how I do now that I can walk well enough to get there.

In the "little gym" it's hard to know what you are achieving because the TechnoGym hydraulic machines just have the settings -1, -2, 0, +1, and +2 on them. No indication to actual weight equivalents is given anywhere. A bit odd, eh! Of course the "big gym" has metal plates with the kilos marked on them, so I shall try and make a note tomorrow.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 03:36 AM

Adapt, adapt, Tachyon, and you seem to be doing that well. I suspect that your positive attitude and flexibility account for your determination and results.

As promised, I went out and gave it all I had for six miles today. Tropical storm clouds take on a more vertical shape than their traditional cousins, and these hreatening, yet fluffy clouds lined up along the coast late this afternoon.

Deciding that it was better to take my chances than spend too much time fretting over the radar, I drove to a little know spot for today's run. Lined with tall but little shade-bearing oaks, I made my way down the first half mile of winding path, struggling with each step to lift my feet out of the loose, quartzite sand that seemed to grab my feet like quicksand. With each step the sand said, "No!" but my determined feet responded, "Yes!"

Yes - no - yes -no - the rhythm echoed in my head until I reached a place where salty lake forms a quarter mile inland from the beach. Making my way past the lake and palmettos to my left and a viewing tower to my right, in another mile I faced towering dunes about twenty feet high in front of me.

Running around them would mean an extra mile, while running up them would mean exhaustion and a sand full of shoes.

Since we are alive once and for such a very short time, ,I decided to go up and over.

So with all I had, and even the occasional help of my arms and hands, I raced to the top ready to make up for the time with a fast descent - except something stopped me from that.

Atop the massive dunes with no sign of life save a few brown pelicans and shorebirds, all what heaven should be was suddenly around me. To the south was the majestic blue gulf covered with meringue white caps framed by the tropical clouds, to the north was a stand of back-straight oaks with Spanish moss hanging from their bows, to the east was the briny lake where herons and egrets were settling along the lake marsh for the night, and to the west a spectacular fiery red ball of a sunset lay before me.

I finally mustered the will to tear myself from the spectacular scene, but my pathetic little pace was worth the experience. OGF and Missy most likely beat my pace today, but sometimes we give our laurels up to experience the pleasures of being simple creatures in beautiful-beyond-words world.

My gosh it is so incredible to be alive.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-08-2018, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I don't have one as such, mostly due to having to use whatever machine is free at the time. The little gym I use because it involves less walking to get to only has maybe 20 machines, half of which are bikes, treadmills, and steppers. I don't use those. Out of the others, 2 are machines which are too much for my knees so I get to use around 8 that are left.

These are often occupied so I just jump onto whatever is free at the time. I just make sure I have a nice little sweat on and that I can feel the lungs working nicely. I keep that up for a couple of hours. I hope to get to the "big gym" tomorrow and see how I do now that I can walk well enough to get there.

In the "little gym" it's hard to know what you are achieving because the TechnoGym hydraulic machines just have the settings -1, -2, 0, +1, and +2 on them. No indication to actual weight equivalents is given anywhere. A bit odd, eh! Of course the "big gym" has metal plates with the kilos marked on them, so I shall try and make a note tomorrow.
That's fine, Tachyon. I understand what you mean.
I wish I could just go into the gym myself and jump on whatever takes my fancy but I need my programme (i.e. a paper-based template) with me otherwise I can't get myself motivated and I end up not sticking to a planned routine.

My gym had some of those hydraulic machines a while ago but they were all taken out when people used to unplug them from the walls. The whole place would sound like a chemical works with air lines making a hell of a racket! Plus, I don't trust the actual weights on those either because they are not a sustained lift all the way through the movement (if you see what I'm trying to say!)

Yep, stick to your general flitting from one machine to another I'd say bud, at least you don't have the anxiety I face when I'm trying to fit everything into a short space of time
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-08-2018, 05:25 AM

Surfermom - That description of your latest run sounds absolutely fantastic What a wonderful part of the world who are lucky enough to be part of. I think if I was over there with all the nature and beauty to see I would even take up running myself again - if the knees could be relied upon that is!

Whilst Bob's no doubt getting up early making some finishing touches to his tuxedo and polishing his brogues for the big day ahead - have a good one mate - I have a confession to make...

yesterday's training session, the usual Friday main session at that, didn't take place in the end. For some very strange reason I was so incredibly tires, nay exhausted, when I woke up after my morning sleep that all I wanted to do was relax in the garden.

I tried to get some motivation going by having a strong black coffee and even packing my gym bag, but the intense humidity just drained me. I knew if I'd have actually managed to get into my car I would have made it work, but I was just utterly worn out even to walk down the drive.
In the event, I decided to grab my current book (the autobiography "What does this button do?" by Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson) and sit in the sweltering sun outside enjoying my read, perhaps for an hour until I felt ready enough for a workout.
But then something happened which scuppered my plans completely - I opened a bottle of beer and that was that! I even had enough of being outside so I went to my man cave and watched the excellent movie "Insomnia" with Al Pacino (he was in the film, not on my sofa!).

So today, following a more or less decent sleep overnight (the humidity still rife though) I am up and ready - it's only 5.30 am though as yet - for the gym to catch up. I'll have a quick bowl of cereal to get an energy burst and hit the gym for 8 when it opens. This time I promise I'll be back with my write-up!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 09:36 AM

Don't be too hard on yourself Floydy, had I not gone for my run early in the morning I would have probably done the same. Even early, the humidity coupled with a high temperature was overpowering, and later in the day it got even worse.

Thanks for the good wishes Floydy, and you've just reminded me; I haven't polished my shoes yet... Catch you all later........
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 10:19 AM

Today's exercise:

Stamina Walking to Sainsbury's and back - a 2 mile round trip. Followed by walking to farm shop and back - another 2 mile round trip.

Weight lifting 3 bags of shopping from Sainsbury's, and 2 from farm shop.

Flexibility Pruning Holly tree, clearing a patch of brambles, picking up all the bits and adding to the heap in the skip.

Mental agility Done the Times crossword, and read two chapters of Edward Rutherfurd's "Dublin".

Need toast and tea now to recover!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Today's exercise:

Stamina Walking to Sainsbury's and back - a 2 mile round trip. Followed by walking to farm shop and back - another 2 mile round trip.

Weight lifting 3 bags of shopping from Sainsbury's, and 2 from farm shop.

Flexibility Pruning Holly tree, clearing a patch of brambles, picking up all the bits and adding to the heap in the skip.

Mental agility Done the Times crossword, and read two chapters of Edward Rutherfurd's "Dublin".

Need toast and tea now to recover!
Love it, Tabby. The domestic housewife's version of bodybuilding

Page 187 of 370 « First < 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top