Join for free
Page 198 of 370 « First < 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Still at it pretty well you two despite the heat and the er, ice cream intermission. Keep it going

Sunday 16/9/18: Full body (catch-up).

With one thing or another, including some much needed social life yesterday, I ended up with two sessions to fit in or otherwise I’d be lagging seriously behind with my current plans. Because all this work would result in something approaching a near-suicidal mission I altered things slightly from a workout which was going to go quite heavy over many sets, to three sets at a fixed weight. This was still tough going enough as I fitted in 20 exercises in total and sweat out plenty of residue blonde ale. At least it eased my mind to bring my programme up to date.

(All weights in kgs)

Lat pulldown, wide grip:
12x40 x3 sets

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
12x40 x3

Seated row:
10x53 x3

DB bench press:
8x30’s x3

Smith shoulder press:
6x45 x3

Smith flat bench press:
6x60 x3

Decline bench:
10x60 x3

Low row, single-arm, alt:
12x80 x3

Fly delt dec:
15x95 x3 (differing seat heights)

DB concentration curl, alt.:
6x16 x3

BB forearm reverse curl:
10x15 x3

BB curl, seated:
8x35 x3

E-Z preacher curl, c/g:
10x38 x3

Hi-pull bicep cable curls:
10x25 x3

Incline leg press:
15x200 x3

Sled leg press:
20x150 x3

Ab crunch:
25x30 x3

Leg extensions:
20x40 x3

Tricep extensions:
12x40 x3

Machine arm curls, both:
10x35 x3

1hr. 40mins.

Next week sees me continue my 3-week pre-holiday routine beginning with a light workout on Tuesday.

Thanks for reading.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 04:38 AM

That is just plain cruel, OGF

Until those two potatoes of extra weight come off, the miles will be up and a chain and padlock will be wrapped around the freezer and the key thrown into the Gulf of Mexico.

As my once three-year-old son once said while wiping his ancient, furrowed brow once said in the heat of the day, "Man it's hot!"

For the first time that I can remember, I had to walk today in the middle of a run. With the temperatures just as high as yesterday, I took off all but naked down the beach (Not really. It's not my style to so cruelly sear the retinas of the good people of Florida), and I wasn't three miles into it that I just simply couldn't keep up my cooling system running efficiently. There was just no breeze. The good news was that the calm gulf made it possible to see scores of dolphins out fishing and playing in the water, which made for a fun diversion as I plodded along.

Better than snow, was the mantra in my head...better than snow...better than.....

Which got me thinking about ice cream...and OGF with that ice cream cone...and why there is so much injustice in the world. .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 04:42 AM

Floydy, I missed you post but just read through it. Always impressive.

Is there any part of your routine that you dread and have to will yourself through? Is there any part of your routine that is your particular favorite?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Floydy, I missed you post but just read through it. Always impressive.

Is there any part of your routine that you dread and have to will yourself through? Is there any part of your routine that is your particular favorite?
Hi Suzie
Likewise, it's always a breath of fresh air (or rather hot in your case this week) to read about your running excursions. Whilst myself and Bob maybe secretly envious (blatantly jealous actually) of your fabulous surroundings, it really does take me away from the gloom and dour atmosphere of the British northern scenescape for a few minutes at least - although we do have some beautiful countryside if we get out there and explore it I guess!

Thank you for commenting on my routine, it's nice to have someone interested. I know it's a solitary pastime as a bodybuilder on this forum posting my workouts when nobody probably has a clue what I'm on about, but I do put so much effort into my training and it really is nice to have some feedback now and again. Thank you.

Anyway, cutting to the chase...
Routines I dread? Well I tend to choose exercises which are (a) enjoyable to carry out (in a torturous kind of way, I admit), (b) effective as in they actually work in terms of maintaining the strength and keeping oneself toned and fit.
I ditched things such squats and deadlifts a few years ago due to them affecting my lower back and so the answer to that part of your question is I'll only now do exercises that are within my limits and are not likely to cause any unnecessary damage to my ligaments as I get older. This is not to say they are 'easy' in any way. If they are I add more weight or reps. There are so many variations. I'm not too keen on the ab crunches but they are essential to keep the stomach muscles toned and even nicer if they begin to show! I don't particularly enjoy training the shoulders either, they've always been a weak point for me and I get niggles in them often.

Ones I really enjoy are the arm exercises. I know I do too many of these but if you do have a certain area of your body which is worthwhile keeping strong and 'built', it's the arms. If your arms are in good shape then it's easier to train other parts of the upper body without too much more effort. I.e. if your lifting something from the floor the arms can take more of the weight and take some pressure off the lower back and hips, so I keep them in good condition. When people say my biceps are too big it doesn't bother me - if it makes training more comfortable I'm happy to have them like that.
Legs are also a strong area for me and I love most leg exercises but I'm reserved about doing too many extensions these days because of my knee issues - which are currently holding steady pain-free.

More training tomorrow, which will see a similar routine to last Tuesday's effort but making it slightly harder as there then won't be time for a second session until my big effort on Friday.

Lastly, I'm planning to ease off very much on the weights when I return from my hols in a few weeks' time to begin some cardio on a Friday evening. My goal then is to trim myself down from my current 16.5 stones to a very healthy 16 if I can do it. I'm lean mostly all over but it's the belly flab which will take a pummelling over my Tenerife visit once more, so I'll be doing something to obliterate most of that hopefully.

Thanks again for your interest, Suzie. It certainly makes it worthwhile posting again
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:40 AM

The world seems a more windy place just lately, with the bottom dropping out of the barometer (that means stormy) and the wind howling around the house all night, I threw myself out into the foray first thing this morning for a swift five miler....

The first thing that struck me (no, not a roof tile) was how warm it was...
A few spots of rain in the wind, but I thought I'll risk it in tee shirt and shorts.
Although everything seemed flexible, loose and in good working order, my legs were tired and objecting to anything faster than a jog.

The rain clouds blew away, and I struggled round somehow, but the time was surprisingly fast.. So that's why I felt so tired......

Don't beat yourself up for having to walk Surfermom, been there! done that! I turned up for a half marathon on what turned out to be the hottest day on record, I had to walk on a couple of occasions, and it turned out to be the first half marathon that took me over two hours to complete....I've managed to scamper around 63 half marathons over the years, and that was the slowest..... I don't think I'll be adding to that tally any time soon.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2018, 10:58 AM

My exercise whilst on holidays consisted of walking between 10,000 and 15,000 steps a day and I swam 40 lengths of the pool each day, one day 50 lengths. There was so much beauty around me it made the walk an absolute pleasure. So I did all that exercise, chose only good and healthy food, came home and hopped on the scales to find I had gained 4lb. I was so sure I would have lost weight whilst away and was really fed up to see the scales had gone up by so much, as the Americans would say 'go figure'
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-09-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My exercise whilst on holidays consisted of walking between 10,000 and 15,000 steps a day and I swam 40 lengths of the pool each day, one day 50 lengths. There was so much beauty around me it made the walk an absolute pleasure. So I did all that exercise, chose only good and healthy food, came home and hopped on the scales to find I had gained 4lb. I was so sure I would have lost weight whilst away and was really fed up to see the scales had gone up by so much, as the Americans would say 'go figure'
This sort of thing happens to me, Lion Queen too. I can train really hard for weeks and then notice I've put weight on, which is disconcerting at times.
When you're on holiday though you do tend to drink more as it's very warm (presumably you went to a hot place?) and therefore those fruit drinks and even water will bloat you out slightly. However, it's only temporary and the most important thing is you enjoyed yourself and having the mental side enriched like that after being in the doom and gloom of Britain is extremely refreshing.

Well done on the exercise though. I'm afraid I intend to do absolutely no exercise at all when I go away in a couple of weeks' time, apart from a bit of splashing around.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Wednesday 19/9/18: Mid-week session.

I really had to get some motivation from somewhere when I awoke this afternoon to even contemplate visiting the gym but when I got started and into my stride there was no stopping me. Somehow I acquired some boundless energy from God knows where and that was it, off I went with a better than usual workout for my mid-week blast which easily surpassed my typical one hour limit.

(All weights in kgs)

DB bench press:
12x24’s, 8x30’s, 6x34’s

Shoulder press:
10x50, 5x70, 5x85, 3x95
25x40
*My shoulder and elbow niggles having subsided, the above two exercises went very smooth indeed. Particularly pleased with the 95kg shoulder presses but then adding just two tiny baby 2.5kg weights to make it 100…it wouldn’t shift! Weird.

Chest press (free weights version):
10x70, 10x70, 10x70
16x40
*Adjusting the seat to standard/low/high settings for each set this worked all areas of my chest, as I did with the next exercise:

Pec dec:
15x50, 15x50, 15x50
25x40

DB ‘Pinwheel’ bicep curls, alt.:
10x14, 10x14, 10x14
*Ox (from the bodybuilding forum I belong to) mentioned these in one of his recent sessions; thought I’d give them a go and by Jesus! they seriously work the outer biceps well.

DB bicep curls, alt. (across chest to opposite shoulder):
6x14, 6x14, 6x14
*Not a planned exercises but with the pinwheels going so well I thought I’d capitalise on the bicep work and do some cross-chest curls too for an all-round guns pump. No rest between sets on these.

E-Z preacher curls, low pull, c/g:
10x38, 10x38
5x50.25
25x18
*This was excellent. Originally I planned to do three sets at 38 and move on but the temptation of heavy lifting still rears its ugly head on occasion and I wellied it to post-50kg for another set. And for good measure a very quick set of light high reps too.

Seated row:
10x53, 10x59, 10x65
25x35
*I don’t do nearly enough back work but these went very well indeed, exceeding my usual pulling weight. (Got to bear in mind the back muscles looking rocked up when I’m climbing out of the swimming pool in a couple of weeks’ time lol).

Tricep extensions:
30x40, 10x50, 10x60
50x25
*With the final set of high reps this was incredibly tough, so I had to lean forward pushing straight down as if I was doing cables. The triceps were pumped up phenomenally after that little lot!

Sled leg press:
60x150
60x120
60x80
*These were unfeasibly hard work maintaining the stamina for all those reps in one go – and three times at that too! I managed it of course but I almost collapsed in a heap when I climbed off the machine as my legs turned into jelly. I’ll be walking around the warehouse tonight for eight hours…somehow I’ll have to manage that too!

1hr. 20mins.

Thanks for reading.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 04:03 PM

Flippin heck Lion, wish I hadn't read that!
I ignored the rest of the post
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

19-09-2018, 09:57 PM

That's amazing....

because when I'm on vacation I usually eat 10,000-15,000 calories a day.

I think you did just find, Bratti. I read somewhere that the average weight gain for people on vacation is about 7 pounds!

You might have actually gained some muscle and lost inches.

Page 198 of 370 « First < 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top