Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Aww he lives near me and still sings that song.
I am going to check on our Gummy today
You know how I worry
As for Brexit!!!!
What a mess!!!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Brexit??? Wossat,then?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Brexit??? Wossat,then?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 10:21 PM

That Mungo Jerry song reminded me of an incident that happened in the pub last June, I had written it down and then forgot about it, so it was in the Summer of last year (2018), you can believe it or not, but it’s true.

Picture the scene, it’s 11.05pm, the place is packed with men and women of all ages, a fat lady is singing “Show me the way to Amarillo” on the tiny stage. It’s very hot, then a sudden heavy downpour of rain lashes off the open window shutters and two barmen rush out to close them, the fat lady continues her song.
In through the main entrance walks a tall bearded man in his thirties, he’s completely naked and dripping wet, he is holding a plastic Tesco carrier bag containing his clothes by his side. He has a huge smile on his face as he moves through the tables and chairs greeting the patrons “Evenin’ all”, he then heads for the mens jacks followed by two red faced barmen. The fat lady has stopped singing, she can’t go on as she’s laughing too much.
The women in the pub were also in fits of laughter, while the men were puzzled looking trying to figure out who the fella was, I for one never saw him before.

It was only at closing time that we got the full story from the head barman. The fella was an amateur actor and the scene was being filmed by two lads and a girl sitting amongst the customers, they were students of film making, (there’s a name for it but I forget it) and wanted to get a true natural reaction from the crowd for a film they were doing, something to do with a production of a modern version of Joyce’s Blooms day, it would appear the landlord’s son was one of the cameramen and he had given permission for the shooting but did not inform the staff as it might spoil the effect. All in the cause of ‘Art’ you see, of course if one of us Joe Soaps did it we’d be locked up before you could say Jack Robinson.
I believe the finished product will be entered for the Cork Film Festival next year.
Phyllis was telling me that it’s the main topic in all the local shops this morning, and of course she was there and they all wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, and there’s no better horse for spinning it out than my Filly.
Have any of you lads ever walked through a packed lounge bar naked in your younger days? would you have done it for a fair sized bet or fee? I certainly wouldn’t, although if you did it at your age now it would help the staff greatly in clearing the place out at closing time.

Incidentally the naked man had nothing to write home about, much to the relief of many of the male customers who had their wives with them, smug grins from the menfolk abounded, and looks of “There but for the grace of God go I”

Let us not forget that back in the 1930’s, the biggest star Hollywood ever had appeared full frontal nude, and not just a flash, and there wasn’t one protest made at the time.
Remember King Kong, prancing about in his pelt?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:36 PM

The pushbike song was a classic till too many people took exemption, to cyclist in general.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The pushbike song was a classic till too many people took exemption, to cyclist in general.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:44 PM

What happened to the fat bottomed girls, they are still there, along side the Stainsby Girls, but I guess all these years on, they are now the Statinsby Girls.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-01-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What happened to the fat bottomed girls, they are still there, along side the Stainsby Girls, but I guess all these years on, they are now the Statinsby Girls.
Very witty Mr Spitty.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-01-2019, 01:33 AM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-01-2019, 07:50 PM

What's this advert about, "Papa Loves Man Boobs"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top