Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 09:34 AM

New U.S. Passport Rule Could Put A Stop To Your Holiday - Here’s Why

If you are planning to go to USA it appears there are new passport rules.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/new-us-pas...073703875.html

British travellers might face a nasty surprise if they try to travel to the U.S. - after the country quietly made changes to entry requirements.

Under new rules introduced on April 1, travellers to the country must have an e-Passport to travel under the normal visa waiver programme.

This means that people who have an older passport - thought to affect 400,000 people in the UK - will not be allowed to fly to the U.S.

Passengers may not get a warning until they actually show up at the airport, according to traveller Vic Ryan.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 10:40 AM

Re: New U.S. Passport Rule Could Put A Stop To Your Holiday - Here’s Why

It's going to be a nightmare for a lot of travellers to the US but it's probably because Britain appears to harbour most of the World's terrorists so I can't really blame them.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 10:50 AM

It is to be hoped that those people who have US holidays booked this year all have the new relevant passports.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 10:54 AM

There will be some horror stories. Almost as bad as getting a visa for India.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

06-05-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There will be some horror stories. Almost as bad as getting a visa for India.
I haven't been to India for some years, but didn't have any problem obtaining the visas when we did go.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-05-2016, 12:15 PM

It all changed a few years back. You had to do it online and any tiny mistake on the form would result in the visa being refused without explanation. I used to frequent an India forum and the new process put a lot of the regulars off going there.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 02:14 PM

I suppose if people are planning to go to the US this later this year, they will have to get a move on to get a new one.
I think they are right , more"s the pity we are not so strict.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 02:18 PM

No problem for me - not only is my passport relatively new, but I have no desire to ever go to the US again after many years of travelling back and forth!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Seeing as the UK has been issuing e passports since October 2006, I can't see this affecting a great number of people.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-05-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Seeing as the UK has been issuing e passports since October 2006, I can't see this affecting a great number of people.
That's what I didn't understand. A passport only lasts ten years anyway so they would have run out by now. I believe you have to have at least six months left on your passport to visit the US.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top