Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 05:12 PM

Meditation / Yoga

Anyone into meditation or yoga?

I'd love to try both - as they're meant to be very good for you, meditation for you mind and yoga for your body. Anyone tried it or thought about giving it a go?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 05:32 PM

Re: Meditation / Yoga

Have you ever had a `foot in mouth moment`?

With new improved yoga your mind will be at peace,your body in harmony.

Yes!! With new improved yoga you will never make another stupid comment.

PLUS!!-with time you can even put you foot in you mouth.

So try new improved yoga tomorrow.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Anyone into meditation or yoga?

I'd love to try both - as they're meant to be very good for you, meditation for you mind and yoga for your body. Anyone tried it or thought about giving it a go?
My daughter practices yoga, which she says helps her mind and body, but I think she should concentrate a bit more on the meditation - her body's OK.

More seriously, there are many ways to meditate and many cultural styles. It does not need to be wrapped up in a mysterious package and it can be learnt and enhanced without paying for it. If you find a style to suit it can be very therapeutic and beneficial.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Joking aside the hardest thing for me(I know the limits of my body) was learning to relax.

On the mat,breathing in through the nose,out through the nose slowly,let your mind empty. It took me at least three months to do that-my mind just would not empty.

But it did-has it ever filled again is debatable
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Well as you know, I start yoga September never having done it before. I am certain I will not be able to 'empty my mind' either OG. If all the others there manage to, I'll just pretend to fit in.
Mary
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks guys. Kel posted this on Dogsey, might by of help to some of you too:

Originally Posted by random
You have to train yourself to do it Azz, takes a fair bit of practice

You usually start by thinking of some scenario you'd find peaceful and when something else starts creeping in, you block it out by adding something to your scenario instead, birdsong, sound waves lapping against the shore e.t.c, you train your mind gradually not to let other thoughts in whilst you are in that state, after a while you can do this anytime, so it particularly helps combat/alleviate stress, anxiety, depression e.t.c, 'diseases of the mind'. Some people never get the inner peace that you can through meditation.

Never tried yoga but i'd love to, keep meaning to but never got round to it, one of those things innit?!
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...90#post2031190
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

23-08-2010, 06:37 PM

That make sense-replace stress thoughts with images of a sun kissed beach and coconut palms waving gently in the breeze.

Bloody topless girl just when I was drifting.

But the mind does `empty`it`s not sleep,just a few seconds of being nowhere really and then the body kicks in "to be ready for your yoga session this afternoon"
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

23-08-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Bloody topless girl just when I was drifting.
Lol you nutta
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2010, 09:56 PM

I've often thought I'd like to try it but my mind is buzzing all the time, I don't think I'd ever be able to empty it!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

30-08-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've often thought I'd like to try it but my mind is buzzing all the time, I don't think I'd ever be able to empty it!
I'm the same Mags - think that just means we need it most

Welcome back btw!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top