Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:38 AM

Re: Self-defence for the older person

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My problem has always been that I get angry a couple of hours after the event and not at the time. I am glad that guns are not readily available because I would surely have shot a few people in my time and I would now be doing life in Prison.

Self defence classes are good because they train you to remain calm as well as defending yourself. I wish I had taken up self defence when I was younger.

Nah, I don't believe that for a minute, not my dongles.

Pity you are not closer, I'd come with you.
We could do a geriatric course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nah, I don't believe that for a minute, not my dongles.

Pity you are not closes, I'd come with you.
We could do a geriatric course.
Bash 'em over the head with geraniums.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Never thought of that. . . what a splendid idea. That should do the trick.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Hi

Mups, never ever, try to kick a man in his groin, it takes too long and implies a degree of flexibility many of us old ones do not have.

Sideways, the knee, they are not expecting it and they stumble.

If you cannot reach the knee, a foot or shin stamp, again off balance and unexpected, gives you time.

Claw or stab their eyes with your fingers.

It is an instinctive human reaction to protect the eyes, they will release you to do so, claw and jab as hard as you can.

Game over for the average mugger, keep going, push as hard as you can into the eyes.

If you do it hard enough, there is no way they will lash out at you, they are far more focused on protecting their eyes and they will be temporarily blinded, so you can get away.

Horrible, aren't I?, but you come first, second and third, you have done nothing wrong.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:57 AM

See Mups, our Poinking is the way to do it!
Flex, brace, poink right in the eye!
We should train the others!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2017, 09:59 AM

Thank you Swims.
I still think I'd be a bit of an easy target though, as I expect you know, I am only small so doubt I'd reach a big blokes eyes! I'd also have to risk leaning over his knife to do that, therefore leaving my tummy an easy target..

Blimey, I'm scaring meself now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 10:05 AM

Wear a corset!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 10:08 AM

I really think if I was confronted by a mugger who wanted My bag/purse, I would just freeze,is it worth getting Myself hurt, or worse,knifed,just to prevent Them taking it?...I rarely have money in it and cards can be cancelled easily....I just don't know what I would do unless/until it happened,and I hope none of Us here ever find out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2017, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Wear a corset!

What would I do without you Tess
I shall have to remember - wear a corset and give 'em a darn good point in the right eye.

Oh gawd, see I can't even get that right. You said a 'right poink in the eye', not in the right eye.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I really think if I was confronted by a mugger who wanted My bag/purse, I would just freeze,is it worth getting Myself hurt, or worse,knifed,just to prevent Them taking it?...I rarely have money in it and cards can be cancelled easily....I just don't know what I would do unless/until it happened,and I hope none of Us here ever find out.
Hi

May, I am a Yorkshireman with a heart condition.

Your money or your life is a serious thing.

I couldn't live with myself if I just handed it over, it would be more likely to kill me than fighting.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top