Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Re: Your single most important question about losing weight

Originally Posted by DanU ->
A few years ago my mother died and I went through three years of progressive weight gain, high blood pressure, digestive problems, blurry vision, low energy and depression.

One morning I got out of bed and heard what I thought was someone knocking on my door. But it was the pulse in my ears I could hear. That scared me so much that I decided to change everything in my life; from diet, to people I associated with and so on.

I recently lost a lot of the weight, and I'm still trying to lose the last 20-30 lbs. During that time I had so many questions I couldn't find good answers to. There are so many conflicting oppinions about everything from diets to types of exercise.

If you've tried to lose weight and get fit in the past I would like to hear what you find/found the most difficult in losing the weight and keeping it off.

To be honest,the only way i have found,to keep the weight off,obviously have a bit of what you fancy,but in moderation, says me,who pigged out on a whole bar of chocolate, seriously though,what works for me,is exercise, smalll portions, i also drink 2 pints of water a day,..plus i have trained my mind,not to keep thinking about food,it can be an addiction, ..of course other's will have their own way of keeping the weight,but that is what works for me.
DanU
New Member!
DK
DanU is male 

14-06-2018, 10:04 PM

I like that approach. Listen to your body's signals. The problem, I think, for many people is the emotional aspect. You feel great, and you're losing weight. Then suddenly you get some bad news, or someone is giving you a hard time, and you reach for some "dope" in the form of comfort food.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by DanU ->
A few years ago my mother died and I went through three years of progressive weight gain, high blood pressure, digestive problems, blurry vision, low energy and depression.

One morning I got out of bed and heard what I thought was someone knocking on my door. But it was the pulse in my ears I could hear. That scared me so much that I decided to change everything in my life; from diet, to people I associated with and so on.

I recently lost a lot of the weight, and I'm still trying to lose the last 20-30 lbs. During that time I had so many questions I couldn't find good answers to. There are so many conflicting oppinions about everything from diets to types of exercise.

If you've tried to lose weight and get fit in the past I would like to hear what you find/found the most difficult in losing the weight and keeping it off.
I have posted this before. I am in my seventies. Retired a few years ago. In preparation, I did two things. Got a dog and a camera. Both get me out walking. A lot. Every day, several times a day. In all weathers. Took off and kept off 10kg.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top