Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:18 PM

Re: Any advice please /tips are welcome.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Predictable to the last. Couldn't resist even though I already stated that he should check ALL his foods against his conditions and medications. Sad.
Who is he?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That's some range of conditions Deylon.

No magic cures obviously but ensuring your body and immune system are in the best shape they can be is surely going to help you cope.

My wife used to get bad arthritis in her hand joints, very painful. However she found that if she gave up gluten for 2-3 weeks it would disappear completely. I've also found that creams or gels that contain Capsicum (the stuff in Chilli Peppers) have fantastic ability to temporarily relieve the chronic pain. We use Glucosamine Gel from H&B but there are probably others.

The pain relief in hands, joints is almost immediate. My wife's aunt from Canada who had really painful lower back pain tried some and couldn't believe the rapid pain relief. She bought a whole bunch of tubes to take back to Canada with her.

For your general overall health it's important not to introduce any toxins or bad foods to your body. It has enough to cope with without also having to fight additional problems. Cut out sugar if you haven't already done so and eat good natural foods in their natural form, no processed stuff. Getting plenty of garlic, ginger and turmeric in your diet will likely help so long as your conditions and/or any medication you are on permit these foods.

Vitamins are vital for your immune system. Get plenty of the basic vitamins and be resolved to get them from Nature rather than pills and capsules. Fruits and vegetables are the best sources. Again, be sure that your conditions and any medications you are on permit the foods you eat.

For myself, I have plenty of lemons and grapefruits, plenty of garlic and ginger in the meals I cook. Not suitable for everyone though. People on Statins for example have to steer clear of grapefruits and so on.

The issue of natural Cancer treatments is controversial and you need to do your research. Personally I tend to believe in the power of a substance called Amygdalin which is found in various products of Nature. Broad Beans for example. It is present in many seeds including apricot kernels, apple seeds, plum seeds and pear seeds, the seeds of berries, grapes, strawberries and raspberries, flax seeds, squash seeds, millet seeds and buckwheat seeds. These are all foods of nature, yet the USA has set about banning some of them from stores. The reason is obvious to me personally (cancer is an ENORMOUS big business) but you have to do your own research and work it out for yourself. There are lots of scare stories out there likely deliberate to try and put people off. I regularly buy apricots, which are a lovely tasty fruit anyway and I save the stones inside them. Rinse them under water and then let them dry out on the windowsill for a few days. They can then be cracked open with a nut cracker which reveals the seeds inside which just look like almonds. They are bitter tasting due to the cyanic compound they contain but it is this very compound that is reputed to be of benefit. There's a limit to how many you should ingest so if you want to consider this option, read up on it.

Some good research here:
https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/apri...ls-for-cancer/

Like I said, start reading and learning the truth about what is going on in the world. The body is an amazing machine. Treat it well and let it do its thing. Put aside any notion of what "you" like to eat and don't like to eat.
None of that is of any relevance. YOU are not your body. You are more than your body and YOU need to rule your body rather than it be the other way around. Personal whims about hating a certain food or loving certain foods are childish expressions which we have to learn to put behind us. They are not important. The body is simply a machine, a fantastic machine and it needs the right fuel to work. You wouldn't put milk in your car if it could speak and said it fancied some milk. You KNOW that the car needs petrol or diesel to work properly. Your body is no different. Understand what it needs and give it what it needs. Take this seriously.

You have my sympathies on the breathing difficulties. When I got Whooping Cough a few years ago it affected me badly and I woke up on 2 occasions virtually unable to breath, gasping for air which wouldn't come and getting ready to collapse. Very unpleasant indeed. My Father In Law also had COPD and lung fluids so I understand how uncomfortable that is too.

Just do everything in your power to remove bad foods and toxins from your body and give it plenty of good stuff, bursting with vitamins and health promoting compounds.

ATB
Some great advice here
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:21 PM

I' glad to see you post Deylon, I have been wondering how you are as I haven't seen you post much. Take care of you x
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 08:26 PM

Thanks all ,will look up symptoms on the net. Yes I do have inhalers,also diuretics [80 gr.furesamide] I have a melanoma under my arm& some of the cancer has gone into my lung.General hospital feel this may cause my breathless but Oncologist at Cancer hospital say it wont While I was in hospital a nurse washed me ,she was a bit rough &the melanoma started to bleed,I now have to have a nurse visit to dress it,I go back to cancer hospital soon so will ask there again
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Deylon, it's good that you are gradually finding out what's causing all the problems but I'm so sorry about the cancer.

Are they sure that you don't have cancer elsewhere?

Which cancer hospital are you attending?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Annie I attend Mount vernon hospital for my cancer ,but any surgery for this was done at Royal Free hospital ,Hampstead
I felt bad this afternoon,felt I was going to pass out , very S.O.B for about 1 hour,gradually symptoms improved a bit,but stll dont feel well,if I feel bad again I will ring 111 for advice,dont want to go back to hospital again but seems I may have to
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Annie I attend Mount vernon hospital for my cancer ,but any surgery for this was done at Royal Free hospital ,Hampstead
I felt bad this afternoon,felt I was going to pass out , very S.O.B for about 1 hour,gradually symptoms improved a bit,but stll dont feel well,if I feel bad again I will ring 111 for advice,dont want to go back to hospital again but seems I may have to

Deylon darlin' - do you have Care link??? I think it might be good and safer for you to have this.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Wishing you the best, Deylon.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Are you ok Deylon? Did you manage to get any sleep? I hope you didn't end up in hospital again.

I was going to ask whether you have any houseplants in the room where you sleep because that will reduce the oxygen at night. Some people swear by Himalayan salt lamps as these are supposed to improve the air quality in a room and help you breathe more easily. I was thinking of getting one myself.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

31-08-2018, 07:27 PM

we are all thinking of you Deylon, hoping you are ok x

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top