Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:06 AM

Re: Silver Tabby in the hot seat.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
ST,your jewellery making is beautiful,what made you take it up?..and what other areas are you creative in?
Thank you - I love making things. I have been known to design and make wedding dresses/ball gowns, cards, D.I.Y stuff, knitting, crochet, lace making as well as the jewellery.

I became interested in jewellery making after a trip to Glastonbury - there was a shop there that sold quite exotic earrings - and the owner was kind enough to show me the basics.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:23 AM

I think you are Irish...might be wrong but it's what I picked up here...how come you ended up in Yorkshire and will you stay ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think you are Irish...might be wrong but it's what I picked up here...how come you ended up in Yorkshire and will you stay ?
I am Irish to my backbone, Summer, and proud of it. My Mother was sent to England - Skegness actually - to stay with her married sister and distance her from what my Grandparents considered to be a undesirable relationship. While here - she met my father - which caused an even bigger rumpus - wrong class, wrong nationality, wrong religion - but they married.

My parents settled in York when my father was demobbed from the R.A.F. at the end of the war. He last posting was at Marston Moor. Mother liked it and thought she would have more of a social life away from her parents - my older brother was settled in school - so my father started his own business and they stayed.

Will I stay? Yes - I love Yorkshire and can't really afford to go home now except for visits - but - if I won the lottery I would be on the first plane home.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:16 PM

Hi Tabs, do you like cooking and what is your favourite dish?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

07-09-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Tabs, do you like cooking and what is your favourite dish?
Oooh - I love to cook - never happier than in the kitchen playing with my pots and pans.

Favourite dish - hmm - difficult, I like so many!

Irish - Colcannon and/or a full Irish breakfast.
Italian - Bistecca alla pizzaiola.
Greek - Kleftiko
Japanese - Teriyaki steak.
Chinese - Mussels in black bean sauce.
Indian - Chicken biryani.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 12:45 PM

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you choose & why?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

07-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you choose & why?
Travel - as in coming back?

Norway - it looks so beautiful and I have heard so much about it from a friend who lived/worked there.

Italy - for the food!

Greece - for the history.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Travel - as in coming back?

Norway - it looks so beautiful and I have heard so much about it from a friend who lived/worked there.

Italy - for the food!

Greece - for the history.
Can I come too?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

07-09-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Can I come too?
Welcome!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top