Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:15 AM

Re: Men's Shoelaces

This is my alternative 'men's method'!

It would allow tightening at top and bottom at the same time!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	7249  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Apparently there are about twenty different ways to tie your laces, one for each persuasion perhaps?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Apparently there are about twenty different ways to tie your laces, one for each persuasion perhaps?

That will be inevitable no doubt.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-09-2018, 10:39 AM

That's a good idea. It will help them to identify each other's particular 'leanings'. A simple method: just look at his/her/its shoes!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not too sure what the 'girl's way' is exactly! Do you have a diagram?

I have a new pair of trainers, bought in Belgium whilst we were away recently. Only £30 - end of line. The last ones in the shop and, fortunately, my size.

Anyway, the laces (however they are arranged) don't slip easily through the holes (ooer, missus), so I have sent off for some of those elastic laces which, I hope, will effectively convert them to 'slip ons'.

Much easier than messing about with laces which inevitably come undone anyway.

On which subject, some time ago I read about some research done in America regarding tying shoe laces (they research anything these days!), and they realised that the way we (well, certainly I) tie our laces results in a granny knot, which is probably why they come undone!

I now purposely do the first 'over and under' the opposite way, then tie the bow the usual way, so creating a reef knot. They never come undone now.

Perhaps JBR, all us guys should join the Scouts, and incorporate lace tying into their intinerary! We might all get a knot tying badge!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	SL-4262L.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	7250  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-09-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
[/B]

Perhaps JBR, all us guys should join the Scouts, and incorporate lace tying into their intinerary! We might all get a knot tying badge!
Yes, I've been doing it wrongly for sixty-odd years and it never occurred to me, until I read the article, that what I had been doing was tying a granny knot.

We should always be willing to accept advice.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top