Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:04 PM

How come I'm shown adverts for products I've already bought?

Do they think I'm going to buy them again or do they not realise that I already have.

Since buying some earphones and a shaver I'm constantly shown adverts for those items on certain websites. I do have ad blockers on Chrome but these sometimes let a few through.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:24 PM

Re: How come I'm shown adverts for products I've already bought?

Ha ha. I have noticed this also Ffosse. I was on a site the other day when up popped a pic of my car.... yes my actual car with my number plate.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Do they think I'm going to buy them again or do they not realised that I already have.

Since buying some earphones and a shaver I'm constantly shown adverts for those items on certain websites. I do have ad blockers on Chrome but these sometimes let a few through.
It's a bit like when I was in Egypt and bought some book marks off a kid. Suddenly there were loads of kids trying to sell me book marks. How many books do they think I can read at once. How many shavers do you need at once?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Ffosse it is annoying, an algorithm notes your preferences then makes suggestions to you.

This can have a real downside,when my son first got married and shared a laptop with his wife he was searching for something for her birthday and of course advertisements for it appeared all around the screen for her to see spoiling the surprise .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ffosse it is annoying, an algorithm notes your preferences then makes suggestions to you.

This can have a real downside,when my son first got married and shared a laptop with his wife he was searching for something for her birthday and of course advertisements for it appeared all around the screen for her to see spoiling the surprise .
I agree that can be annoying Meg. It happened to me when I was searching for a present for Mrs LD. The pics kept popping up on the Daily Mail or somewhere. Plus there are other things.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree that can be annoying Meg. It happened to me when I was searching for a present for Mrs LD. The pics kept popping up on the Daily Mail or somewhere. Plus there are other things.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ssshhhh!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:53 PM

I keep getting Pregnancy stuff
No idea why?
I am far too old for all that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Suggest that you clear your search history/options in whatever you bought the items..

e.g. if you search search bay, it keeps searching for the same items until you clear this history.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top