Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 08:27 PM

Re: Help with gardeninng

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh great honey, thanks, it will be next week. I will get my son to pick you up. I'll let you know when he is coming......

Yes, I guess I could start with some of them....

Perfect Blue...I'll have my granddaughter drop in and tend to the pets...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps a Magnolia?, they are lovely when they flower but flowers don't last very long.
Just be careful which specie you pick if you go for a Magnolia, Wild Blueberry?
Ours in our front garden was supposed to be a small one, it was around 3 feet high when my parents gave it to us as a moving in present 45 years ago. It now towers over the house & has to be cut back & it's taken over the whole of the front garden. It is beautiful when it blooms though.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040127.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	7372  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Magnolia Susan is a nice one.

What an amazing tree.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Just be careful which specie you pick if you go for a Magnolia, Wild Blueberry?
Ours in our front garden was supposed to be a small one, it was around 3 feet high when my parents gave it to us as a moving in present 45 years ago. It now towers over the house & has to be cut back & it's taken over the whole of the front garden. It is beautiful when it blooms though.
Oh Tiff, thanks for telling me that. I don't want anything big, I should have said that in my original post. I have a Rose of Sharon on one end and a Rose bush on the other end..so I was thinking of a smaller selection in between. I didn't specify that and should have.

Thanks Tiffany
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What an amazing tree.
I agree Muddy...it is beautiful indeed if I was looking for something big. I want a small garden so if you think of some nice perennials, please let me know Muddy
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 12:59 AM

Filly, I don't know what your soil, or climate is like, but I would probably go for shrubs rather than bulbs.

What about some Lavenders, Sarcocca's, Buddleia, Hydrangeas, Clematis, Salvia's, Perennial Geraniums, etc, then plant some spring/summer bedding or bulbs in between?

As I said, I don't know what is available where you live.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-09-2018, 01:03 AM

I will check into those that you have listed here Mups, thanks. I could also go to a nursery I guess.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I have a spot about 12 feet wide that needs something planted. I have a rose bush at one end and Rose of sharon at the other end..........

I need to plant some perennials in between. I don't want tulips or lillies as they don't last. I want something that comes up every year and flowers and keep re-flowering.........

Please give me some suggestions....and do I plant them now or wait until next spring?
How about perennial wildflowers? Great for bees and butterflies, 1000 seeds for £2.99 Sow in March
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
How about perennial wildflowers? Great for bees and butterflies, 1000 seeds for £2.99 Sow in March
Oh my god Rhab, what idea, I could even put lily of the valley, which I love. They used to be my fav wild flower.........

That is exactly what I am going to do. I will post pictures next year....thank you thank you thank you Rhab.....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 04:44 PM

No problem, I throw in some annual seeds too, which gives me different flowers and colours throughout the year. Throw them onto the soil, give a light rake..done and dusted just sit back and watch them grow..

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top