Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:16 AM

Re: Pre Diabetes

As mentioned, this website is good. There is a forum, and they also have a good helpline

www.diabetes.org.uk
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Second meeting of us Pre-Diabetics this morning. We were each given a Pedometer. Cheap and cheerful but very effective in displaying how many steps i took this afternnon. I've walked 112 miles since 12.30 pm!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:27 PM

That is excellent Ez, I think you are suppose to do at least 10,000 steps?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:35 PM

That's quite right Susie thank you. Up until half an hour ago i didn't realise that my ipad was counting every step i've taken for weeks! My son told me i've had a pedometer with me every day since i bought the phone. How stoopid am i! It seems i've been taking around 7000 steps daily just in the dog walking alone not even including my bike rides and general shopping trips etc. I just need to up it a bit. The hardest bit of this experience will be over the Christmas break. Far too many temptations! But i will do it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Ez, the classes can be interesting, you should go.

But all you really need to do is:

Eat healthy food, Lean meat, Chicken, Turkey, Fish, loads of vegetables, limit yourr fruit, no sugar, no biscuits, no cakes, no pastry, limit bread to only 2 slices a day, have porridge for breakfast and plenty of exercise.
Cut out fizzy drinks.
Just to thank susiejager for the porridge suggestion. It's something I used to do - eat porridge every day but somehow got out of the habit of. I have some in the house and will start tomorrow again.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 07:49 PM

Well done Richard, keep at the Porridge its good for you.
CandyCrunch
USA
CandyCrunch is female  CandyCrunch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:29 PM

Richard, if you're over-weight, losing the weight will make a HUGE difference!

Cut back carbs, never eat carbs at night, only at breakfast; early lunch.

Get fiber. I guess by "porridge" you mean what we call "oatmeal"? Yes!

No fruit juices. The whole fruit contains needed fiber.

Take a fiber supplement.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just to thank susiejager for the porridge suggestion. It's something I used to do - eat porridge every day but somehow got out of the habit of. I have some in the house and will start tomorrow again.
I still eat porridge, had some this morning. Funny thing is I normally only eat it in winter but our weather is so stuffed up that 15 days into summer I am still having it as a change from Weetbix
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I still eat porridge, had some this morning. Funny thing is I normally only eat it in winter but our weather is so stuffed up that 15 days into summer I am still having it as a change from Weetbix
Same here Bruce. Porridge seems to warm you up and I eat it most mornings when I come in from work before bed. It's one of the best foods there is for your health. Add some fruit bits like raisins or chopped almond nuts and it adds sweetness without using sugar.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

15-12-2018, 03:16 PM

I always have Blueberries on mine.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top