Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Crispy Potatoes

I have never done this before,but I was fed up of cooking roast potatoes from scratch,

So,I boiled some potatoes,(not over cooked)drained them,let the pan dry out from the heat of the hob,gave them a shake,to get that crispness,cooled them down,then froze them,I have just cooked them from frozen,in the oven,straight from the freezer,..absolutely delicious,crispy on the outside fluffy in the middle,..saves such a lot of time,..have you ever cooked them like this?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:43 PM

Re: Crispy Potatoes

sometimes par boil them before putting in the Roasting tin , but not done them your way , Might be a solution to what to do when you have done to many , if they freeze well i will give it a try .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:48 PM

Here they are Eliza,...I wish I had done it years ago,give it a go,they really are delicious!.i haven't cooked these,just showing you what they look like once frozen.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	8039  
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:52 PM

Thanks Pauline , I will deffinatly give them ago .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:56 PM

Me too Pauline Thanks. I love crispy !!

Edited to say:

I will get them to the freezer tonight, then on the weekend I am having company, so I will try them and see how they like them. Will let you know....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Hi WB,I love your avatar!...when you cook the boiled potatoes,be careful you don't over cook them,dry them out,then shake them in the pan,..I found this method on YouTube.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 06:48 PM

How long do they take to cook in the oven Pauline?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi WB,I love your avatar!...when you cook the boiled potatoes,be careful you don't over cook them,dry them out,then shake them in the pan,..I found this method on YouTube.

Thanks Pauline. That is one of my favourite hats. It is my Peter Grimm cap.

ok Pauline, I will be careful not to overcook them, or they may get mushy.

I have been keeping my eye on your other thread too Pauline, and you must be quite a cook and baker. Everything looks so delicious.......

Blue X
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-11-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How long do they take to cook in the oven Pauline?
I have a fan oven Carol,about 20 minutes,..I'm cooking another batch tomorrow,for Christmas lunch,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-11-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Thanks Pauline. That is one of my favourite hats. It is my Peter Grimm cap.

ok Pauline, I will be careful not to overcook them, or they may get mushy.

I have been keeping my eye on your other thread too Pauline, and you must be quite a cook and baker. Everything looks so delicious.......

Blue X

Thanks WB,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top